Ash Ketchum

As soon as the four boys neared, Dawn noticed their very different reactions. Clemont grinned awkwardly, Gary took to flirting with Serena, and Drew and Ash were standing alone, glancing at their hands and looking bored. But as Ash's amber gaze flickered across the group and landed on Dawn, he didn't seem uninterested anymore.

"You're the new girl?" he inquired.

"That's me," she replied, smiling frostily. He clearly wasn't used to such indifference from girls.

"You know... most girls would die to talk to me," his voice was deep and rough, but it just made her scowl harder.

"Well, I'm not most girls," after she uttered the simple sentence, he grabbed her arm and dragged her away into the hallway.

"Seriously?" she huffed, brushing imaginary lint off her arm.

"Seriously," he smirked.

"What do you want?"

"What do I want? I don't know. What do you want?" the words would have been polite on anyone other than Ash.

"I want you to let me go back to my friends," Dawn demanded, gesturing towards the cafeteria. He shrugged.

"There's nothing stopping you," he responded simply. It was true. But Dawn had a pull, an urge that she was needed next to Ash.

"I guess I can stay for a little longer," she growled reluctantly. His smile widened.

"Great! How are you liking it here?" he made for small talk.

"More than I like you," she muttered darkly. Ash just laughed. He laughed everything off. Humor was his shield from the world, just like Serena hid under perfect hair, a perfect body, and perfect clothes.

"Oh, come on! Surely I'm not that bad," he snorted, batting his eyelashes. His face was so ridiculous that Dawn giggled.

"I never knew it was so hard to charm a cheerleader," he grinned. That was enough. Her face broke into a smile as she darted away.

"How was he?" Hilda piped.

"Not so bad. Arrogant," Dawn whispered back.

"All of them are arrogant. Except for Clemont," Iris commented, casting a look at the blonde happily chatting about science with Lillie.

"Cheer practice, girls?" Serena inquired after the boys were gone. 

"Totally," Mallow nodded enthusiastically. 

Johanna was standing over the dinner table, bringing over a pot of tomato soup.

"So... mom," Dawn started, picking up her spoon. Her mother sat down.

"Yes?"

"I met this boy today," she replied bluntly.

"What's his name?"

"Ashton Ketchum," Johanna choked on her soup.

"Ash Ketchum?" she asked disbelievingly. "No, Dawn. You can't like him. He's as much of a player as his father," she scowled.

"I didn't say I liked him," Dawn shifted in her seat uncomfortably. "He's cute,"

"Maybe so. But you stay away from that boy, you got it?" she warned.

"Sure, mom,"

There was so much dialogue and so few descriptions! I'm so sorry if it was boring, but I needed to introduce the boys! See you next time.