𝘾𝙝 3: 𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨; 𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙘𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙚𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

The blue sky that was adorned with the shining bright sun and the crystal white clouds smiled at the earth while the wings that could make the birds dance in the air flapped as they flew around. The small ripples in the water that shone looking at the dazzling sun sang a soft melody as the trees swayed to the smooth rhythm.

The sun rays sneaked into the Qiandeng Temple, trying to cuddle the broad back of the man dressed in vibrant red, slowly tracing through his braided hair, making that red pearl glow, slowly trying to steal a glance at his handsome face.
Hua Cheng sat at the altar table with a brush in his hand that drew careful strokes on the paper that had the Ghost King's gaze fixed on it.

Was Hua Cheng practicing writing so as to improve his handwriting? Well, that's something impossible to happen in Xie Lian's absence. Then wonder what he was doing with the paper and the brush?

As he slightly moved, the curious sun rays that were trying to catch a glimpse of his face slowly fell on the paper that Hua Cheng now held in his hand, with a look of adoration in his eyes and a smile of satisfaction on his face.

With an elegant sword in one hand and a dazzling flower in the other, robes that flew softly to the rhythm of the calm wind, hair that waved in the air, a face that couldn't match any human definition and the pair of eyes which had the power to capture one's soul and melt all the pain in one's heart. The strokes of Hua Cheng's brush once again drew the beautiful image of the Flower Crowned Martial God, Xie Lian.

'How beautiful you are, gege. '
Hua Cheng thought with a smile on his face as he gazed at the painting in front of him.
The sun rays that reflected the elegant colors and beautiful strokes made it look ethereal, just like Xie Lian was.

'For me, you're the sun that's reflected on the blade and made the flower bloom and I'm the moon that's always waiting for you to catch me when I fall and chase away the darkness that bound me in the pitch black hall. '
Hua Cheng closed his eyes to reminisce those beautiful pair of black orbs that smiles bright when his image is reflected in them.

But, little did he know that the sun would soon be covered by thick black clouds, leaving the moon behind in walls of darkness.

"Why hasn't gege returned yet? It's been 3 incense time. Should I go to the Heaven? "
Hua Cheng asked himself as he stood up and walked towards the door.

He peeked at the streets outside but except for the big pig heads and ugly combed hair, he saw nothing else there.

Heaving a long sigh, he walked back in and sat in front of the altar table.
'Let me contact him. Why is he taking this long to return? '
Hua Cheng looked at the red string on his finger which was still shining bright. It somehow made him feel relaxed.

He slowly closed his eyes and said, "Just recite the Ethics Sutra a thousand times. " which was Xie Lian's spiritual array password.

"Gege, where are you? Why haven't you returned yet? Gege? Gege, can you hear me? "
Hearing no answer from the other end made Hua Cheng feel anxious. His heart pounded hard as an ominous feeling started to build around it.
"Gege. Answer me! "
Yet he received no answer.
"Your Highness! Are you alright? "

When there wasn't even a tiny bit of noise from the other end, Hua Cheng's brows furrowed and he jumped up on his feet. He was about to run to the door when he heard soft footsteps outside. The doors of the Qiandeng Temple slowly opened revealing the waving white robes with the bamboo hat on the top that covered the beautiful face beneath it.

"Gege! "
Hua Cheng ran towards Xie Lian and pulled him into a tight hug. He snacked his hands around his waist and buried his face in the crook of Xie Lian's neck.
"Gege, where had you been? What took you soo long? Why didn't you answer me in the communication array? Are you alright? " Hua Cheng asked holding Xie Lian in his embrace.