𝘾𝙝 6: 𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙂𝙪𝙮

A tiny head popped out from under the quilt as the alarm rang. The sun had took in charge of lighting up the world while the moon retired for some rest. The birds on the trees stretched their wings while Zhan on the bed stretched his body, both ready to start their day. But, the day was as usual for the birds, whereas for Zhan, it was a new beginning. A new day, a new start and a new life to accomplish the old dreams.

Zhan sat up on the bed and looked at his phone which was laying on the nigh stand. There weren't any messages or notifications. He wasn't expecting any either. He placed the phone aside and got off the bed, folding the quilt neatly and tidying up the place. He then walked to the bathroom to take shower.

Once he was done, he walked to the closet with a towel wrapped around his waist. He was confused what to wear. That was when he remembered about the set of clothes he had bought the previous day.

'Right! Let me wear that white tee. It actually looked quite good on me. Uncle too suggested to wear white. I think wearing white on the first day is a good choice. Maybe it'd bring me some luck and help the days pass peacefully. ' He thought as he wore the white tee and black jeans.

He then hurried towards the kitchen to make a quick toast and heated up the leftover milk.
On finishing his breakfast he quickly fetched his rugged backpack, threw a few empty books into it, grabbed his cellphone, double checked the door lock and then hurried towards the bus stop.

He was right on time and was lucky enough to board the not soo crowded bus. He took the window seat and sank in as he plugged in his earphones, deciding not to look much at the world around.

But curiosity kills. He couldn't act as if he didn't care for much longer and he gradually decided to take a look outside through the window.

The world out there looked calm and peaceful, but he very well knew that things showcased in front of the eyes can often be deceptive. Even though the world looked peaceful, his mind and heart were no where near the letter p in the word peace.

He took a deep breath as he tried not to think too much and to just look at things as they appear to be. That was when the huge advertising board outside showing the glamorous view of the university caught his eyes.

'Guess I'm here already. '
Zhan thought as he got off the bus.

His steps seemed heavier as he made his way to the University. He was anxious. He stood in front of the huge gate painted in white, looking at the huge building behind a translucent curtain of the green trees. Students walked past him, but he had no interest in looking at them. He breathed in and breathed out to calm his racing heart and running thoughts.

'You got this, Zhan! You can do it. ' He cheered himself as he placed his first step inside the gate.

The world out there looked very different. Happy smiles, healthy laughter, cheerful faces, colorful dresses. It was fascinating. Zhan took in the view before his eyes for a moment before plastering a small smile on his face and walked forward.

He walked past a group of students who were busy talking about their lives' crisis. But no sooner did their eyes fall on the new unfamiliar face, gasps filled the air. And soon after every eye on the campus focused on this fresh face, forgetting the work that they were indulged in. If hearts had a speaker attached, the whole world would have heard the sound of the drumming ticker.