𝘾𝙝 5: 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙇𝙞𝙛𝙚

At times, when you're in a dilemma, the best option is to listen to what your heart wants rather than heeding to your mind's advice. By that, you'd at least have a satisfaction that you tried even if you fail rather than not attempting at all.

Zhan too decided to listen to his heart's voice. He made up his mind to take his uncle's offer. When opportunity knocks on the door, it'd be stupid if you act like you heard nothing. He had a choice, and he chose to accept what comes his way.

He didn't know what that feeling actually was, but as soon as Yin Yu mentioned about going to the University, his heart raced. Was it excitement or nervousness or fright about the unknown future? It was hard for him to conclude what that feeling was. But one thing was for sure, Zhan really wanted to go to the University.

He called Yin Yue the very next day to announce his decision and Yin Yu was very happy to hear Zhan's acceptance.

"You made the right choice, Your---- Zhan! Now, it'd be easy to sort things out. " Yin Yu sounded excited.

"Sort things out? What do you mean by that uncle? " Zhan seemed pretty confused by those set of words.

"I mean--- I mean, your life will now return to the right path. Yeah! That's what I meant. " Yin Yu said between his cough.

Zhan smiled and thanked Yin Yu for looking after him.

"You don't have to thank me, You--- Zhan. I did nothing, honestly. It was the King's orders and the heaven's blessing. "

Even though Zhan didn't understand what he meant by King's orders, he decided not to ask.

'Uncle is getting old. So, it's quite natural for him to speak this way. ' Zhan thought. But, Yin Yu's words made Zhan feel very happy for a strange reason. He didn't know what that reason was and he decided not to look for it.

As Yin Yue had asked, Zhan moved to his new place. It was a rooftop small yet a large place for a single person to live in. Zhan had no idea why Yin Yu brought this huge place for him as he lived all alone. White walls both inside-out with a white marbled floor and fully equipped posh looking furnitures. The house looked luxurious and ten thousand folds better than the house Zhan used to live in. There was a huge place outside in front of the house with a slightly wider bed like bench which Zhan loved the most. As soon as night fell, he laid flat on that wide bench and looked at the dark blue sky adorned by the bright white moon and countless shining stars that smiled at him.

He didn't know what that feeling was, but whenever he used to look at those gleaming stars and blazing moon he felt a bit sad. Even though it made him sad, he still found it comforting.

He took a deep breath, sat up straight and looked ahead. His house was at a comparatively higher level, so the city lights were a great feed to the eyes. Zhan walked towards the railings and leaned against it, his eyes fixed on the blazing lights and the busy lives. The gentle breeze brushed him softly, and he took another deep breath as he stood there looking dazed.

It was the vibrations of his phone that pulled him out to reality. He quickly fished out his phone from his pant pocket and swiped on the screen to answer the call.

"Hello, uncle. "

"How are you, You--- Zhan? " Yin Yu spoke on the other end.

"I'm good, uncle. Thank you soo much for everything. " Zhan's lips curved into a small smile.

"You liked the place? " Yin Yu asked.

"I did. I liked it very much, uncle. But, I guess a smaller house would have been enough as I live all alone. This place seems a bit too huge for a single person. " Zhan gave a low chuckle.