Chapter two: creepy flowers

Elizabeth's POV:

I had a bad feeling in my stomach when I entered my acting school. After what happened with Aiden, I really didn't want to face Kurt. He must've felt very embarrassed by my outburst. I didn't know what had gotten into me but I felt like I made his relationship with his sister worse. I definetely had to apologize to him but at the same time, I didn't want to see him.

When I entered the classroom, I already saw Kurt smiling towards me. I nervously smiled back and forced myself to walk towards him. "Hey Lizzy, how are you doing today?", he asked very delighted. I looked at him very confused and looked down. "Kurt, I'm so sorry that I overreacted towards your sister. You trusted me and I made you look bad because I couldn't hold my emotions back.", I told him very guilty and he suddenly pulled me in a tight hug.

"You did nothing wrong. You were completely right with everything you said and Aiden deserved to be finally scolded like that. It was actually very funny.", he said and I was so relieved that he wasn't mad at me. "But what about your mother's birthday? I don't think she allowed you to come after everything I said.", I asked but then he took a letter out of his back and when he showed it to me, I noticed that it was an invitation to his mother's party.

"I don't know why but after you left, she wanted to be alone so badly that she just promised to invite me to get it over with. It would've never been so easy, if you didn't confuse her. You actually did everything right.", he said and my eyes widened in surprise. I never thought that things would turn out like this.

"I'm glad that you can see your mother again but I think it's so cruel that she has so much control. Why is it for her to decide, who your mother has contact with?", I asked very confused and he sighed. "Safety is very important in our business and now that she is in charge, she has the responsibility, which is why she has so much control. It's complicated and I'm glad that I have nothing to do with it.", he explained but I was still confused.

What was so dangerous about a regular business that they needed safety to this extend? There was more to it than he was telling me but I could also tell that he was very uncomfortable when he talked about it, so I decided to drop the topic for a while. Kurt and I continued to have a casual conversation until our teacher entered the room.

"Good morning class, today we will rehearse the balcony scene.", Mrs. Jones annouced and that was my call to start to prepare for the scene. It was so weird that Kurt played my love interest Romeo but at the same time, it was good because we were comfortable with each other and had good chemistry.

I sat down on a chair and wanted to start my relax exercises to prepare for my role but then Misses Jones tapped on my shoulder. I looked up to her very confused. "A man, I haven't seen before asked to see you. It looks like he has a job for you. I know you need to earn some extra money but please don't use this school for your business in the future.", she said and I quickly stood up to go to the room, the man was waiting for me.

It confused me that he came to my school instead of just calling me since my phone number for work was available on my website. When I entered the room, a tall man in a black suit faced me and he looked a little intimidating. "Miss Kent?", he asked and I silently nodded before he pointed at a chair as a sign for me to sit down.

"Miss Blood is interested in your service as a singer. She heard that you offer to sing at parties and sent me to give you the contract.", he said and my heart stopped beating for a second. Aiden wanted me to sing at her party? This didn't make any sense to me. "May I ask why she chose me?", I asked while he put the contract in front of me. "She knows that you have a close connection to a family member and she is more comfortable with hiring someone, who is close to her family. She also thinks that you must have a good voice because you go to this school here.", he explained and I understood better now.