Chapter six: safety

While waiting for updates, please check out "a stalker's desire"

Elizabeth's POV:

"Dad, I don't care how high the salary is. This woman is creepy and didn't hire you because of your skill. Please quit.", I begged my father through the phone but he remained stubborn. "Elizabeth, I won't argue with you especially because your career isn't secure at all and you don't make nearly as much money as me. You're the last person I take advice from.", he said very strict and I desperetly ran my hand through my hair.

"But Dad, This isn't about business. It's about your safety. This woman can't be trusted and I want you to be far away from her.", I said but deep down inside me, I knew that he would never listen to me. He saw me as a disappointment to the family. There was no way he would take any kind of advice from me. "Enough Elizabeth! I do this job for years. I know red flags when I see them and Miss Blood is a very respectful business woman. Not everything is about you. I know this might be confusing for an artist but it's the truth and I don't want to hear anything about Miss Blood from you anymore.", he yelled very angry and ended the call.

I growled very frustrated and threw my phone on the couch. "Don't be upset Lizzy. You know that he thinks he knows everything when it comes to his career. He wouldn't even listen to me.", Samara said while she rubbed my back. I knew it was hopeless but I wanted to try it anyway since Aiden wouldn't fire him. "Can you please go home Sam? I want to be alone right now.", I said and she nodded very understanding while she grabbed her things.

"Call me, if you need to talk.", she said while she hugged me. "I will. Love you.", I said when she left. I went to the kitchen and made me a cup of tea. I really had to calm down before I would meet Jessie Smith again. I would never let private problems get in the way of my dream and I really wanted to be in one of his movies. After I drank my tea, I started to get ready and put a nice outfit on, that was looking a bit more elegant.

I wanted to make a good impression on him. I also put on a little bit of make up, even though I sucked at it but it ended up looking decent. "I can do this.", I told myself before I walked out of my apartment and went to the bus station. He lived in the middle of the city so the best way to get out of the bus was the plaza. My hands were shaking out of me feeling nervous. This evening could change my life.

Maybe I could finally proof to my father that I could do this. I flinched when the bus reached my stop and I quickly walked out. I looked at google maps to find his apartment and I took a deep breath when I finally found it. I rang the doorbell and after a few seconds, the door opened. I walked upstairs and I saw him waiting for me at his door. "Good evening Miss Kent. You look lovely.", he said and smiled.

"Thank you so much for having me.", I replied before I walked inside his very luxerious apartment. Mine was looking like a barn compared to this. "Let me help you with your jacket.", he said and removed my jacket from me. "This is a very nice apartment.", I said and he chuckled. "It's just my place here. It's nothing compared to my main house in Los Angeles.", he said and pointed at the couch as a sign for me to sit down.

"Would you like some wine?", he asked and I shook my head. "Oh no I rather have some water.", I said and he chuckled. "Don't be so modest we have something to celebrate.", he said but I remained stubborn. "No Thank you, I want to stay sober while I discuss future jobs.", I said. "I see you're very professional. That's good in this industry.", he replied before he walked to the kitchen to prepare our drinks.

I started to look around the apartment and I imagined how it must feel when you were able to achieve so much with something you're passionete about. I couldn't imagine a better feeling. "Here.", he said while he handed me the water. "Thank you.", I said while he sat down beside me with a glass of whiskey in his hand. "So Miss Kent, you're how old?", he asked. "I turned twenty one last month.", I replied and he nodded.