Prologue: 愛

"Butterfly."

"Please, wake up."

"I want to give you something."

"ね、俺の愛を受け取る?"

————————————————————
A corpse lays on the cold floor while a girl crouches in front of it, eyes filled with hatred. This corpse you see, was a man trying to steal from your precious collection. Your precious collection, which consisted of beautiful china and interesting figurines, was all you had left of your beloved friend.

He was obsessed with foreign artifacts to the point he risked his own life for one. He died for the sake of achieving a tea set called 'Murderous Love'. It was used by an emperor who killed anybody who endangered his kingdom. Just like how you did now for your collection.

You went into your bathroom to grab some latex gloves that you kept for scenarios like this. Grabbing the corpse by the leg, you dragged it towards the back of your house, which was the exit to the ditch. When you reached the hole you immediately dropped the body into it and walked back inside.

You continued your routine of getting ready to go to bed and hoped your work tomorrow wouldn't be as stressful.

You taught people about anatomy of different creatures as a job. You were also the librarian so to say of lots of informational texts. It wasn't a bad job, but sometimes the entitled scientists really pissed you off.

Saying things like, "This is wrong, its venom is in its tail, not its back." Of course, you would say how you aren't the writer of the book and all that.

You were currently settling yourself at your counter space since you didn't have any classes scheduled. So, you were going to be a librarian and hope none of the administrators would come and get you. They all held a higher position than yours in the association you worked for. The association itself was basically a gathering of different scholars who taught people who wanted to become hunters, assassins, and any job of that sort.

You had learned from the same association and your favorite part was definitely learning about different creatures, especially the human body. You didn't know why, but you held deep interest on how the human body worked. How nen can help the body in so many different ways, or how the brain sends signals to the rest of the body at such a fast rate. It all intrigued you.

You yourself came from a family of different passions, none of them being a regular job. Some were artists who used different parts of creatures to make artwork. Others were people who worked for the black market. You yourself didn't have a normal job since you taught people how to cut open a human body properly without damaging the nerve system.

As you sat there in deep thought a young man walked through the doors, bewitching turquoise earrings attached to his ear lobes. Eyes open with curiosity as he scanned the place. When he noticed you his curiosity spiked even more. He assumed you were the head staff member so out of pure wonder he waddled his way over. (Yes waddled)  When he arrived, you immediately noticed him, "Welcome, how may I help you?"

His piercing onyx eyes made contact with yours before answering, "Do you know where the books about humans are?" You nodded and pointed towards a section of the library, resulting in him following the direction you pointed.