Chapter 5: 夏

"I've lost everything, and I won't lose you too."

"No no, don't touch that. It's dangerous."

"You'll be a great mother someday, and I'll be the father."

"私はあなたのために自分の人生全体を犠牲にした."
————————————————————
"Fei, you don't look normal." Phinks commented, only to get a glare from the short man.  "No, I don't, look different." The annoyed retaliation made  Shalnark enter the conversation.

"Phinks is right Feitan, you're acting a bit differently." Feitan knew both Shalnark and Phinks were correct about their inferences. He was in fact acting weird as well as not looking normal. It was because some bratty bitch named Y/n. (Again, don't take this seriously)

You've made him annoyed and frustrated as of late, making him angry at every little thing. He wants to slice your throat so that the Phantom Troupe will be once again normal. If only Chrollo wasn't obsessed with you.

Not only that but you changed him too. He however, hated it. Merciless killers and torturers shouldn't be feeling such a thing as love. It weakens them, their vulnerability exposed to other opponents. That's why he resented this so called feeling of 'love'. (Illumi vibes)

As well as people die and well, they can make you cry or get revenge.

As for physical appearance, he unfortunately has a blush on his face most of the time now. Although it isn't easily seen, it's still noticeable on his snow white skin. Nobody knows if it's angry or flustered blush, not even himself.

All these things were occurring because of his weird instinct you've triggered somehow. This instinct to protect, cherish, and to take care of. It's abnormal for him, almost resentful. He's never really cared for something that much in his life other than the phantom troupe and perhaps sire.

Why was it happening now out of all the times?

That's when you walked into the room, the butterfly pin still in your hair. "Hi Y/n, do you feel alright? Sire said you weren't feeling that well yesterday." Shalnark questioned. "Oh, yeah, I'm fine." He smiled wider at your response.

You definitely weren't feeling fine emotionally. You were angry, and just other negative feelings mixed into it. You never wanted to be part of the murderers, but you couldn't escape since not only were 13 people would look for you as well as Hanarō having 8 possible people that you could run into who would act like Chrollo.

You couldn't do anything for now, but someday you'll find a way to be once again free, released. Just not now, not when there's so many variables and other drawbacks affecting the results and possibilities. So much for being a librarian who reads quite a bit.

"Do you wanna do something? Maybe play a video game or something of that sort?" The blonde asked, bringing you back to reality. You hesitated before slowly nodding your head and he suggested a list of things to do, distracting you from your emotions.

You were once again back with Chrollo, his arms wrapping around your form. "My graceful butterfly, how is your time with our family so far?" His eyes cherishingly making contact with yours. You thought for a moment, actually assessing your relationship with the group.

"I think I'm pretty acquainted with Shalnark, Pakunoda, and Machi." You explained, looking towards the door that led to where the so said people inhabited. "Uvogin, and Nobunaga I should get to know better, meanwhile, the others I know only so much about." He smiled and gently pecked the crown of your head.