Arcade Date? {pt.1}

*RING* I jerked up from my bed. "YES! Finally Saturday!" I cheered. But I remembered, once again that I was going to the arcade with Demetri. Was it a date? I don't know but we just have to wait and see, but just in case it was a date I had to wear something better than sweaters and sweatpants. Well I had obviously wore those to sleep but so one was going to see me so it was fine. I slowly walked downstairs still tired and my mom had already made us breakfast, when I say "we" I meant me and my mom, I was an only child and I wasn't to sad or happy about it. I got to do my own thing but I was still lonely, since I didn't have many friends I would usually play by myself and I would never want to talk to anyone because I was so shy.

"Oh hi honey! I made you some eggs!" My mom said in a happy mood.

"Wow! Thanks mom." I said thanking her.

"So what are you going to do today?" She asked me curious.

"nothing much, I'm going to the arcade with Demetri." I answered while eating my eggs.

"Is it a date!" She said loudly.

"Well, I'm not sure"

"I'm so excited for you!"

"Why?" I asked

"Well if it is a date, it's your first one! So you need to wear something nice"

"Hmmm." I didn't like wearing fancy clothes or dresses because they were very uncomfortable.

"Fine" I said dreading what she was going to make me wear.

"Yes! We will go to the mall when you're done eating."

I had enough time to go find a decent outfit because we were going at about 7:25. We arrived at the mall and went to a store that had dresses, not the fancy glittery kind but the ones you see people were on a picnic. They all looked so tight and itchy, but I had to choose one or my mom would never let me leave. I circled around the isle 5 times and I finally made my decision, yes, I picked a skirt and a matching top. Luckily my mom let me pick that instead of a dress. Hopefully I don't look to fancy.

{this is what you are wearing ⬇️}

Demetri was probably going to wear his usual, a t-shirt whit a button up shirt over it, the button up was always unbuttoned so you could see his shirt underneath

a t-shirt whit a button up shirt over it, the button up was always unbuttoned so you could see his shirt underneath.

"We definitely need makeup!" Mom said excited

"Um.. no thank you?" I responded

"Just a little bit!"

I didn't have time to respond because my mom had already left to the makeup store. She got me lipgloss, blush and eyeshadow. I obviously wasn't going to wear a lot but I will put a little bit on my makeup brush. I was kind of excited and nervous for tonight, I didn't know what to expect. Demetri texted me and said he was going to pick me up, I said "Alright" and turned my phone off. It was 6:17 now and I started to get ready, I curled my hair and put on my outfit. Now all I had to do was... makeup. I wasn't that good at it but I took my makeup brush and dabbed a little bit of blush on there and tried not to add so much to my cheek. I did the same with eyeshadow, lipgloss was a little bit sticky than what I'm used to but I could last until I got home.

*DING* that was the doorbell, I'm pretty sure it was Demetri. I slowly walked down the stairs and hesitated to open the door.

"Hi!" I said

"Hey!" He waved

"So, are you ready to go?"

"Yep!" I grabbed my light jacket and headed out to Demetri's car. It wasn't cold outside but I brought it just in case.
"Should I have brought it? He could have gave me his jacket if I was cold!" I panicked in my head while I closed the car door. We drove to the arcade while we talked about what we were going to do there. We finally arrived at the arcade and he parked the car in the parking lot.

"Woah." He said surprised

"What?"

"I like your outfit."

"Oh thanks." I felt a little bit better about the skirt situation. We got to the check-in area and went to the mini golf then the games. We talked and laughed for a little bit. Then sat on a nearby bench, then I got a text from Miguel.

"Oh! Miguel texted me."

Miguel: "hey! Just joined a new karate dojo with Aisha maybe you should come and join.

You: hmm well I'll think about it!

Miguel: sounds good!

I didn't want to say no but I didn't want to say yes either, I had a lot of stuff on my mind and well, a karate dojo. I it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

"What did he text you?" Demetri asked me

"Oh, he asked if I wanted to join a karate dojo with him and Aisha. Do you want to join?"

"Please, a karate dojo. I don't think so." He scoffed

"Well, I'll think about it." I said as I slipped my phone back into my pocket. Demetri was not convinced that this was a good idea, but I wasn't surprised since Demetri was not a big physical activities person.
Oh man, here comes that feeling again but this feels different. I cant even explain it but it just feels different I feel scared and worried but happy, it probably doesn't make sense but I don't know what's happening! I cant like him I just cant, well does he like me? Doesn't matter I can't like him! But what if I do like him what if I just want to kiss him, BUT I CANT, I CANT, I CANT, I CANT. I couldn't breathe, I didn't know what was going on. I put my hand on my chest, It was like my heart stopped and my lungs weren't working properly.

"Hey hey, are you okay? Come here." Demetri hugged me tightly. WOAHH THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!!

"Y-yeah I'm fine." I said calming down. What was that!! Why did I just start hyperventilating? Is something wrong with me?

"Are you sure?" He asked

"Uh- yeah in good." He hugged me with one arm and shifted me closer to him with his hand around my waist. I rested my head on his shoulder, while literally shaking. I wonder what that was, probably a panic attack. My mom has had some panic attacks before but I have never had one myself. Well this was a pretty decent date until up to here, what if he thinks I'm a psycho! I'm such a weirdo now.