chapter 13

"You are an evil, vindictive little bastard," said Blaise in appreciation.

"Thank you!" said Skull cheerfully.

"That wasn't a compliment, you idiot. And why in the name of magic did you send Verde to Granger?"

"She needs someone who can keep up with her and he could use an assistant that actually understands him. She just needs to loosen up a bit and she'd be perfect for him."

"You're trying to set him up with a girlfriend," deadpanned Blaise.

"Considering last time she married the younger Weasley brother and was absolutely miserable..." said Skull.

"And why on earth does he keep calling you 'Skull'?"

Skull winced.

"Because that was how I introduced myself?" he said sheepishly. At Blaise's look, he explained. "I called myself the Immortal Skull-sama and it kinda stuck."

"Why do I even ask," said Blaise in exasperation. "So do you prefer Skull or Harry?"

"Skull. Harry allowed himself to be lead around by the nose by the people around him, while Skull actually lived by his own rules and didn't take shit from anyone except those he trusted to have his back," he said without hesitation.

The only reason he had allowed Reborn and Colonello to kick him around and call him "Lackey" was because he trusted them to have his back when he needed it. Because in their own twisted way they had actually given a damn about him, even if they were crap at showing it.

"But still, issuing a challenge that comes with a monetary reward to whoever can drive Lockhart around the bend or at least out of the castle was cruel and unusual."

"The fangirls sure seemed pissed when they heard it," grinned Skull.

"Oh I'm not saying I don't approve... I'm just saying I plan to enjoy the show," grinned Blaise viciously. The man was a media-whore and had sent the limited intelligence of the girls in the school plummeting to ridiculous levels.

"Just wait. If he really annoys me then I'm going to set Skeeter on his ass about his so-called accomplishments," cackled Skull. "One word about the truth and he'll never sell another book again."

"Evil. I like it," said Blaise grinning.

In the Slytherin common room...

"Is it true?" demanded Draco the second they were in the Slytherin tower.

"What?" asked Skull baffled.

"You're the new heir of the Black family."

Suddenly everyone was looking at him intently.

"Where on earth did you hear that?" asked Skull. They had kept that information quiet, at least until Arcturus died. It was the easiest way to keep Dumbledore from trying to poke his nose where it didn't belong.

"In case you've forgotten, my mother is a Black. Besides, she heard a rumor that Arcturus is planning to let Bellatrix's daughter back in the family despite grandfather throwing her out when she was a child," said Draco, eyeing Camellia pointedly.

"Keep making insinuations like that, cousin, and I'll show you how much I've improved since last year," snapped Camellia. Her magical aura was practically pressing down on the entire room, and it had shot up significantly since last year.

Draco wasn't the only one staring at her. It was well known Camellia was barely considered a witch last year, and now her core felt strong enough that she would never again suffer the 'humiliation' of being considered a squib.