chapter 30

Skull was a bit surprised to get a letter from Renato. Thanks to Skull, the future Sun Arcobaleno was able to afford to go to the unofficial Mafia Academy (it had an "official name" but everyone knew it as the Mafia Academy) without having to take jobs during the summer to pay for tuition and basic living expenses.

Renato had initially balked at the idea of accepting Skull's help, but Skull hadn't given an inch to the other teen.

Out of his Elements, Reborn was the one who was the only one he didn't have regular contact with during the year. Which gave Skull very little chance to help him.

And as a Sky (much as he preferred to ignore the fact he had that as a secondary), it was his job to take care of his Elements and hold the group together.

So he paid for Renato's education and half his living expenses for the school year. It was one of the few ways he could care for his Sun, even if it was indirectly.

Which was why Skull was quite confused to get a letter when he knew that Renato still had the mirror phone he gave him.

However the second he read the contents, his face went completely flat.

"Hey Verde, could you help me with something? It's only a rough prototype until summer comes, but I think you'd be very interested in the applications for it..." said Skull.

"What do you have planned now?" asked Verde.</p><p>Skull handed him the letter.

"I want to make an amulet or something easily worn that can hold a Flame charge. Kinda like your weird decoys, but smaller and more permanent."

Verde scanned the contents, before sympathy filled his features. How easily they forgot the pain of separation because they were around Skull often enough that it never fully set in. Renato was the only one left out in the cold and it was starting to affect him.

"I'll help, but how are you going to come up with a permanent version?"

"Talbot. He did say if I was ever interested in alchemy or ring-smithing he'd give me lessons. I bet he'd help if I asked politely. I was thinking a necklace or bracelet made of certain metals that could hold a Flame charge, so that the separation pains don't set in... if it's successful we could easily market them to the other Skies. Though we're going to charge through the nose for it," said Skull.

"I sense a very marketable money making scheme. I want in," said Camellia, practically teleporting to their side.

"Only if we can get a working prototype for it," said Skull absently. "And if this works then I'm making one for each of you personally."

Armed with a new pet project for the year, Verde and Skull quickly got to work. They were so engrossed in what they were doing they almost forgot about the tournament happening this year.

A few weeks later...

Skull was rather bored with the whole tournament already. He knew what to expect and thus wasn't really that interested. The pet project between him and Verde was far more interesting, especially when he unleashed Camellia on the Black Family library's stock of blood runes. Once she learned exactly what it was they were actually attempting to create, she had dove into the books with fervor.

After all, blood runes weren't taught at Hogwarts and she had a rather high affinity for them since they didn't require a wand.

Skull was rather eager to see what the students had come up with for the other schools. Camellia and Blaise had taken over that part, since he was firmly engrossed in his secret project with Verde.

He made a point to let Viktor Krum sit next to him and gave his fellow Snakes a Look that cut off any attempts to ask him Quidditch questions.

Hearing the loud **bang** of fireworks, Skull grinned as they cut off Dumbledore before he had a chance to do anything.