Day 2

!!!WRONGLY ACCUSED!!!

"Nick, are you sure?" I look at Nick, readjusting my shirt collar that feels tighter than usual.

I feel Nick pat my shoulder and walk past me, adjusting his tie and fixing his hair, "The evidence is there, George. You've been an undercover detective for over 8 months. You had to have seen it."

As the doors of the court opens before me, I can't help but think we have the wrong man.

~~~~~~~

I sit in the stands, watching the man, Schlatt, get prosecuted. The evidence used against him was simple; he knew every victim, and often smiled when talking about the victims. A few interrogations, he even laughed. Schlatt had been to the coffee shop a few times, and usually got something bitter. I kept a mental recorder and tracked his moves. He liked to stare at women. His lawyer, Quackity, had made it a point that Schlatt was obsessed with 'big booty goddesses', so that's why he stared. Schlatt completely agreed.

As stupid as it sounded, I guess it was justified. Only because I don't think Schlatt has the intelligence to keep all of his finger prints hidden, a clean crime, and not to mention that he'd be the one to brag about the murderers. If I'm being honest, I think he was framed.

However everyone didn't seem to think the way I did. Because Schlatt had been charged for the 17 different killings throughout the short time span of 8 months. He was put to death.

~~~~~~~

Nick and I left the court house quickly. We didn't bother to wait for Tubbo and Tommy, since they were having a rather heated conversation with Quackity.

"Nick, I think we got the wrong guy." I look at Nick, and he's on his phone.

"What makes you say that? I mean, it sounded legit. He looks the part, sounds the part, laughs like the guy too." Nick turns off his phone and looks back up at me. "You just overthink things like this. We've got the killer."

I roll my eyes and cross my arms, looking away, "I'm still not convinced. He seems like the kind of guy to be spotted, I'm telling ya. I mean, look at him. Look at him for the last time and tell me that he doesn't stick out like a sore thumb."

Nick scoffs and shakes his head, "There haven't been any murders since we've interrogated him. I'm almost positive we caught him. Give it a rest."

~~~~~~

Nick eventually had to drop me off at the coffee shop. We didn't talk on the entire way there either. I wasn't convinced, but he was. But neither of us would be right or wrong without concrete evidence.

As I walk into the coffee shop, I'm met by Niki, the manager, rushing over to me.

"George!!" Niki looks around for a moment before whispering, "Is it true? Did you really catch him?"

I shake my head, "Everyone believes so, but I think we just put an innocent - but odd - man to death. It's unfortunate really. I'm not convinced."

Niki's eyes widen and she whispers, "You- moved down from the UK. You're like- the best of the best! Do you think-"

Before Niki could say anything more, a worker rushes over and pulls me from the conversation. I look back at her for a moment, and she returns a worried glance.

Niki was one of the few staff members who knew about being a detective. When she interviewed me, I really didn't have a choice other than to tell her about it. She was happy to take me in and provide security for me.

I shouldn't be getting Niki involved in this, but sometimes things slip. This was one of them. I didn't feel like anyone listened, so I ranted a little to Niki. It was a mistake.