Day 7

(HI YES WARNING. THERE IS DEATH DESCRIBED IN THIS CHAPTER. PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. Love you and don't forget to drink water and eat some food <3)

After about 30 minutes, George gets back into the car with a yawn, stretching across the seat.

Clay looks over at George for a moment, raising an eyebrow. He looks unnaturally pissed.

George looks at Clay, pausing for a moment. He then blinks, "You alright Clay?"

Clay doesn't respond. He just sighs and looks away, shaking his head as he turns the keys in the ignition.

George looks around for a moment before crossing his arms, "Don't ignore me. Cmon, what's up with you?"

Clay backs up and sighs, "Nothing. I'm fine."

After a minute of awkward silence, Clay speaks up, "Want to go stop for some ice cream? I have like $20 to kill."

George gasps and says quickly, "Yes. One hundred percent. Yes."

Clay laughs and begins to drive around town, basically letting George determine what ice cream shop he wants to go to.

Once George decides, Clay pulls over and shoves his hands in his pockets as he walks back over to the front passenger side. Opening it up, Clay bows slightly, "You first, princess."

As George walks by, he elbows Clay in the ribs, earning a wheeze from Clay.

~~~~~

Clay and George intertwine their fingers, walking down the sidewalk. George licks his ice cream, and Clay simply holds his slushy-like coffee. George had insisted for him to get something.

George looks around the small bushes, looking at the somewhat colorless flowers. Soon though, he looks away and looks at Clay.

Clays mind looks to be somewhere else, unbothered and untouched.

George frowns, "Clay, seriously. What's up with you?"

Clays gaze averts to the floor as he mumbles, "Sorry. Just zoned out there."

George rolls his eyes and stops walking, pulling Clay back with him. Clay turns slightly and stares at George.

"Clay. Tell me what the fuck's wrong."

The harsh tone causes Clay to tense and look away. Thinking quickly, Clay sighs and pulls George closer to him. Without getting the ice cream on him, Clay starts to hug George.

George doesn't hug back, confused about the gesture. His love language isn't physical touch, for sure. Only when he's tired, and this isn't one of those times.

Clay mumbles against George's head, "I'm just- distracted. Yknow? You make my mind go blank sometimes George. All I can think about is you."

George's heart skips a beat, "That-...uhm, alright."

Clay lets go of George and quickly kisses his forehead.

Clay then pulls George back along, holding his hand.

George quickly catches up, and settles in the tense silence.

Every time George looks back at Clay though, it looks like his words were simply meaningless. He looks angry. Clay looks like he's a button away from exploding. But George shrugs it off.

Nothings wrong with Clay, right?

They've been friends for a couple of months now.

Hell, they've shared kisses. They just saw each other naked just the night before.