Seventeen

Ryujin giggled softly and pushed the blanket off her legs before heading into the bathroom to wash up

Last night, Yeji had carried her home and stayed with her until she fell asleep on the couch.

"Ryujin?" came a hoarse voice.

The said girl turned around to see Chaeryeong buried in the comforter while staring up at her.

"Are you going somewhere?" she asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Y-yeah. I'm going on a date with Yeji," the older replied.

Chaeryeong's face fell. "Again? Another date?"

"I'm sorry. You know that I can't say no. Especially since she's graduating soon and all, she'll be even more busy next year," Ryujin apologised, feeling rather guilty.

"No, it's okay. Don't feel sorry," The taller smiled. Mumbling another apology, Ryujin stumbled into the bathroom to wash up.

Despite already making up, Chaeryeong felt as if she and Ryujin were still in the days where they ignored each other.

Sighing, she heard the door click open and close before she got up and headed to the toilet to brush her teeth.

She had realised that Ryujin wasn't in bed when she woke up to go use the toilet. As a result, she stayed up until the sound of the older's footsteps reached her ears.

Chaeryeong didn't want to seem annoying and possessive so she decided not to talk to her about it.

Stop being so emotional.

Time flashed by quickly and soon, it was 9pm. Chaeryeong was already in bed, ready to sleep. However, Ryujin was nowhere to be seen.

Chaeryeong stared at her phone, worried

Chaeryeong stared at her phone, worried. Usually, Ryujin would text if she was coming home late and the messages usually came at 9.

Where are you?

She was afraid that Ryujin got into some trouble or got injured. Calling Yeji would be an option if she had her number. Swallowing nervously, Chaeryeong got out of bed and sat on the couch, straining her ears in hope to hear even the softest and lightest footsteps.