Nineteen.

"Hey, you're finally home,"

Chaeryeong smiled tiredly and headed into the room to put her bag down. Quickly, she took a bath and headed straight back to her desk.

With a sigh, she took her books out and started on her homework, not wanting to miss out a chance to study.

Ryujin stood by the door of the room, holding a steaming hot cup of coffee while looking in. Chaeryeong was buried in piles of books, occasionally looking up to write up her report.

"Ryeong,"

The older girl turned her girlfriend around in her rolling chair and smiled.

"You haven't even eaten dinner," Ryujin sighed, cupping Chaeryeong's cheeks. "Here, drink something," she muttered, handing the mug over to her.

The younger sighed and brought the mug up to her lips.

"I'll cook you something to eat. Come out," Ryujin said firmly, kissing the top of Chaeryeong's head before leaving.

Chaeryeong covered her face in her hands and groaned. She was so tired from school. To make things worst, exams were coming up and she was desperately trying to revise since it consisted of 50% of her total grade. She knew that she was doing well on all her current assignments but still couldn't help feeling nervous.

"Lee Chaeryeong,"

The said girl whipped around to face the door. Ryujin was leaning against the frame, raising an eyebrow. However, upon noticing that Chaeryeong's eyes were slightly red, she dropped her act and rushed over to her.

"What's wrong?" Ryujin asked gently, cupping Chaeryeong's cheeks.

"It's nothing," the younger insisted with a small smile.

"Please tell me, I want to help you in any way possible," Ryujin said.

Chaeryeong choked on her breath and broke down into tears, launching herself into Ryujin's arms. Despite being taken aback, the latter immediately took her into her embrace.

"Calm down, it's alright. Take your time," Ryujin said soothingly, holding her tightly. She had no idea why Chaeryeong was in such a fragile state. Just yesterday, she was all excited about having a picnic on Sunday.

Ryujin felt Chaeryeong burry her her head into the crook of her neck and she never felt so bad before. "I'm sorry," the older mumbled, hugging her even tighter.

Soon, Chaeryeong calmed down and Ryujin carried her to their bed. The taller of the two sat down and patted the area beside her. Ryujin plopped onto the empty space and put at arm around her girlfriend.

"Would you tell me what's bothering you?" Ryujin asked softly, not wanting to push Chaeryeong.

"Exams are coming up and I'm really afraid I won't do well," she muttered. "That's stupid, don't mind what I said," she added, her cheeks red from embarrassment.

Ryujin scoffed. "Don't say that. If you're stressed, you can always ask your professors or friends for help. You could ask me too, I'm always here for you,"  she said, gently caressing Chaeryeong's cheek.

"I've tried but he's always too busy to get back to me and I don't have that many friends in that class," she trailed off.

"Then I'll help you. Come on, tell me what you don't understand," Ryujin said, dragging Chaeryeong to her desk.

"Does this make sense now?"

"Mhm,"

"Good job!" Ryujin grinned and kissed Chaeryeong on the cheek lightly. The latter was sitting on the older's lap (upon Ryujin's request) while she taught her girlfriend. It has been about an hour since Chaeryeong's breakdown and luckily for her, Ryujin was an amazing teacher.

"It's getting really late. Let's go to sleep?" Ryujin said softly, starry eyed as she stared at Chaeryeong. She yawned and nodded. Ryujin carried the younger bridal style to the bedroom and lay down next to her. 

"Ryu?" 

"Yes?" 

Chaeryeong smiled, looking at how Ryujin was still grinning at her despite being slightly confused. However, she could see how her eyes were shining with love and admiration. 

"I love you," 

Ryujin supressed her soft squeal and kissed the tip of Chaeryeong's nose. 

"I love you too, Chaeryeong ah," 

a/n: we're done!