17

NARRATIVE

It's later that night, or early the next morning to be precise. I'm awoken abruptly by a loud buzzing noise and because I'm so sleepy, it takes me a moment to realise that it's my phone ringing on the bedside table. I clumsily grab it and take a moment to let my eyes adjust to the extremely bright photo of my Lock Screen that was flashing on the screen. The time reads 1:46am. The caller ID reads 'Victoria' and I almost groans out loud.

"What?" I whine after sliding my thumb across the screen to answer the call, "I'm trying to sleep... why are you calling? You're only upstairs"

There is a pause. "She's not home actually but girl you should come" It's Taylor.

"Excuse me?" I almost let out a bark of laughter, I'm pretty sure I heard her come home earlier. "Where the hell are you guys?"

I was wide awake now and sitting up on my bed.

"We're in Mattia's basement with him, Kairi and Alejandro." She almost slurred and I could tell that she was under the influence of something. "In fact, Mattia's here right now and he wants to talk to you."

"Well, tell him to fuck off" I reply bluntly before chuckling to myself. I wasn't in the mood but I always made myself laugh.

"I'm passing him the phone right now" I heard Taylor chuckle lowly before another voice boomed through the speaker.

"Hey Aurora" Mattia quipped and I almost flinched at the volume, turning down the volume on my phone so his shouting would be quieter. I didn't even reply, just waited for him to continue.

"Are you there?" He asks loudly and I roll my eyes.

"Yes. What did you want?"

"To hear your voice lol"

"You did not just say 'lol' in real life" I deadpan, almost letting out an involuntary laugh, "give the phone back to Vic please"

I didn't get a response from him, all I heard next was the phone being loudly passed around to someone else.

"Hey" I let out a sigh of relief when I hear Vic's voice. "Can you come and get me please? I left my car at home so you could come and pick me up. The keys are on the table by the door"

"Oh, so you didn't even ask earlier, you just assumed that I'd do it anyway?"

"Pretty much" she tittered and I all but groan again.

"Fine" I stood up and didn't bother changing. I was wearing 'hello, kitty' pyjamas and my legs were on full show, but I didn't care, I just slid my sliders on before speaking again, "text me the address"

I hung up and a few seconds later, I found myself tiptoeing through the house after getting a text with Mattia's address. After making it successfully through the front door and into Vic's car, I typed Mattia's address into the GPS on my phone before reversing out of the driveway and driving for around fifteen minutes to Mattia's house.

When I arrived, I noticed the house was pretty average size. I was expecting it to be huge. I shot Vic a text telling her that I'm outside, that was if I had the correct house. After waiting for a few minutes, I began to worry that I was at the wrong house, until I saw Vic and Taylor coming from the right side of the it. Obviously they wouldn't use the front door at this time. They got into the car and I drove off without a word.