28

NARRATIVE&IMESSAGE

Mattia and I walked into my room after a long day out. Mattia arrived just last night and I was actually very happy to see him. The last time we saw each other in person was when Vic almost walked in on us in the kitchen.

I hadn't seen Brandon in three days, which unsurprisingly, I wasn't bothered by. He'd usually message me every morning, but he hasn't since he'd punched me the other night.

I sat on my bed whilst Mattia just stood there, observing my room for the second night in a row. 'It was a unique room' he described it as. I had three dream catchers hanging on the wall just above my bed and the walls were painted a light green.

Last night, Mattia slept in my guest room and he finally got to meet my father. He was nervous at first, but they started to get along pretty well and there was no doubt that my father liked Mattia more than he did Brandon. I think my father sensed something off about Brandon from the moment they met, but he thought it was just his fatherly instinct since I never had a boyfriend before Brandon and I'm his only child so he didn't really have experience with boys dating his daughter.

My father was currently in the basement. The basement was his space and nobody went down there. He would usually go down there to have a drink and since it's Thursday, it makes sense because he only works on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

"Let's watch Netflix" I suggested and Mattia gave me a nod. "There's some snacks in the kitchen, hold on. I'll be right back."

I left my phone on my bed as Mattia climes under my blanket. I rushed to the kitchen and opened the fridge, grabbing the chocolate kisses that were sitting in the fridge door and two bottles of gatorade. Then I grabbed the salted popcorn that was sitting in the cupboard and made my way back up to my bedroom.

"What are we watching?" Mattia spoke when I walked through the door. He was using her Xbox controller to scroll through Netflix. I put everything down on the bed and climbed in next to him, playfully snatching the control from his grasp.

"Pretty Little Liars."

"What the fuck is that?"

"Just watch." I started playing the first episode. I had already finished the show many times but I wanted to watch it again because it was such a good show.

Half way through the first episode, my phone pinged from between us and both of us looked at it at the same time. I knew it was probably Brandon since I didn't speak to anyone else but the groupchat.

NEW MESSAGE FROM BRANDON!

BRANDON

8:51pm, october 15 2020

brandon
aurora marques
brandon
i cant believe you

rora
don't call me that

brandon
bitch i do not give a fuck
brandon
i'll call you whatever i want

rora
what's up babe

brandon
i can't believe you went behind
my back lmfao you slut