33

NARRATIVE

I got no sleep after Mattia sent that text message. I was thinking about it for hours. I liked him, a lot, but I didn't know what would happen if I went out with him and Brandon found out. I hadn't heard from him since blocking his number and, although I thought I was done with him for good, I knew he was too stubborn to just let me go like a mature guy.

I picked up my phone again, after laying in my bed staring at the ceiling for ages. 7:34am was displayed on my lock screen and the notifications consisted of messages from the groupchat, since it was 10:34am there and they were probably already up. I frowned when I saw no new messages from Mattia. I couldn't blame him though, I fully aired him.

I put down my phone, getting out of bed and walking into the bathroom. I figured I'd get ready for the day, since it was already light outside and I was not going to sleep anytime soon. That would absolutely fuck up my sleeping pattern even more. I grabbed clean towels from the cupboard and turned on the hot water, immediately taking off my clothes and hopping into the shower. I sighed in content as the hot water gently burned the skin of my back.

After standing in the shower for around twenty minutes, thinking about the situation I was currently in, I finally snapped out of her daze. I washed and shaved my body before massaging some shampoo and conditioner into my hair. When I was done, I washed it out and then stepped out of the shower, wrapping a clean towel around myself.

After drying myself off and putting on clean undergarments with some grey sweatpants and an oversized shirt, I did my hair, putting it up in a messy bun before checking the time on my phone. It was now 8:51am and I was starving. I made my way towards the kitchen and made myself a bowl of cereal. When I was done, I went back up to my room. All I could think about was the text that Mattia sent me, just hours before.

I contemplated going to his room for a moment. I was sure he was asleep, but I wanted to see him so I got up and made my way out of my room. I walked down the hall and stopped outside the bedroom. Maybe I shouldn't. My mind was clouded with thoughts. Every thought was pushed to the back of my mind as I twisted the door handle. The door opened and I quietly walked in. Mattia was laying there, asleep. He was snoring so loud, and it made me chuckle to myself before walking over to the bed as he stirred in his sleep. I laid down next to him, but he had his back to me.

"Mattia." I whispered next to him but he didn't move a muscle so I spoke louder, "Mattia."

All he did was groan and shift to a different position. He was now laying on his back, though his head had completely turned and was now facing me.

"Mattia, can you wake up?" I put my hand on his shoulder and lightly shook him, and he woke up straight away.

"Jesus, what are you doing in here?" He spoke, before growing flustered under my gaze. Then, he remembered that I'd ignored his text, so he became embarrassed quickly.

"I'm..." I stopped. I had no idea what to say.

"Well..?"

"I'm sorry for not responding to your text." I finally spoke and he raised his eyebrows.

"That's okay, I understand if you don't want to." His cheeks burned a light pink.

"I do."

"You do?"

"Yes."

Mattia let out a sigh of relief. "Thank God."

"But, I cant today. I'm tired and I haven't been to sleep yet, so can we just stay in and, I don't know, eat and sleep?"

He grinned as I spoke and nodded his head. "Of course, lets go to sleep."

I smiled happily towards him as he slid his hands around my waist, pulling me towards him. Mattia slid the blanket over the two of us and I fell asleep immediately, leaving him awake.

He knew she'd just gotten out of a toxic relationship, so he didn't want to rush things, but he wanted her. He wanted her ever since Vic posted her. Sure, after she left Jersey and stopped talking to everyone, he started playing girls again, but he never stopped liking her. Mattia smiled, kissing her forehead before closing his eyes and drifting back to sleep.

authors note
ew this is awful also chrisymas