Keeping it Real

A/N: I was looking at this book, and decided to un-private it, and maybe continue it. Not sure if the previous readers are still around, but I'll give it a shot.

---------------------------------------------

Third Person POV:

Silence. No Tension. No awkwardness. No conflict. Just Silence.

Two people, probably nothing in common, walking down the middle of the sidewalk in the late afternoon. Kyle kept his head up straight, looking back at Annie every now and then, who was behind him, with her bag clenched in her arms. Every time he looked back, she'd give him a soft, fake smile.

All the events of the day kept replaying in her mind, over and over. All her actions, Asher's actions, everything leading up to where she was now.

Annie looked up, and picked up her pace, walking now next to Kyle. "Hey. I'm sorry about earlier today. How I treated you. Thank you for bringing me my bag."

"Thanks, but I don't need your sympathy. I'm used to people treating me like that." Kyle responded to Annie.

"Oh. I was telling Asher to apologize to you as well, but he refused."

"Then what? He and his team go back to giving kids like us hell for the rest of high school?" Kyle asked Annie, knowing she couldn't give back a viable answer.

He was right. Annie couldn't respond and just looked the other way, as she continued to walk with him.

"Why are you always alone?" she asked, quickly changing the topic.

Kyle smirked, and responded, "Well, the people I consider my friends all moved away. Now, I don't fit in anywhere."

"What about you and Jadah from AP Bio?"

"We're lab partners. Nothing more." Kyle stated. "What about you? Where's your old friend?"

"Katie. She went to boarding school." Annie replied. "Glad I didn't go. I would have missed out on everything."

"Not wanting to go to one of the best high schools in America? Okay."

"Would you give up everything here to just to some school where you know nobody?"

"Anything to get out of here."

Annie was baffled. Obviously, she didn't now what was going on in his life, but couldn't understand why someone would want to leave Oak Park.

"I don't even know why I'm telling you these things, when you just go and post them online, just like the rest of those cheer girls."

"I haven't been doing that lately." Annie answered. "But, I guess sometimes the quietest of people need someone to talk to."

"Not me." he answered, picking up his pace a little.

"Ugh." Annie groaned, as she went back to minding her own business.

------------------------------------

"Here we are. The biggest house in this town."

"It's around the corner, you know."

"I know. I just figured that you wouldn't want to be seen with me." Kyle bluntly told Annie. "You know, the freak."

"Kyle you're not a freak."

"Really? Then go tell those two over there that." he said, pointing over the wall. Annie looked around it and saw Lilia and Jayden waiting on her at her doorstep.

"I...."

"Can't. Yeah." he followed up with. "Just forget that this happened. I hope you feel better for the rest of the day."

"But Kyle..."

"Bye Annie."

"Bye." Annie said softly, as she watched him walk off.

Kyle POV:

So, you might me wondering why I acted like that, right there. Well, in the past, Annie posted a video of me running around the school in just a towel, after her boyfriend, who stole my clothes. I don't want to go telling her stuff about me, just for her to post it.

That happened to her ex, Hayden, back in 8th grade. Boy, was that s*** toxic. She posted that man's fears, pet peeves, and deepest secrets. It was so bad, he moved schools, and his family sued hers, which they obviously lost.

And not going to her house? I don't want any more drama with Asher, than I already have.

Annie POV:

I kept thinking about this morning, as I watched him walk away. I wish I had just been nice from the start, and not have been an a** about it.

"Annie! There you are!" Jayden shouted from afar, grabbing my attention.

I ran over to her and Lilia quickly. As I approached them, they noticed all the mascara that ran off my face.

"Were you crying?" Jayden asked.

"What happened to you?" Lilia also asked me, starting to wipe my face with a tissue.

"I... I... got into a fight... with Asher." I stuttered. I still couldn't get over it.

"Oh honey." Lili hushed me, ad she hugged me. "You must be a total wreck."

"And you walked all the way here alone?" Jayden asked. "What an a**h***."

I had to tell them. I just had to. I couldn't walk into school tomorrow actually acting like I didn't know why we got in a fight.

"Actually someone walked me home."

-----------------------------------

A/N: Feedback?