part 12: his friends

Euphemia's pov:
The boys were upstairs for a long time so I went to go and check what was taking them so long. I knocked once on James' door but there was no reply. I couldnt hear anything inside so I walked in. I was expecting to see something I really didnt want to but I walked in and saw my son and his boyfriend asleep and cuddling. It was so cute, I had to take a photo, so that I did.

I then walked downstairs, so happy for my son.

'See something you didnt want to, mum?' My "adoptive" son asked.

'Nope, go have a look, they're really adorable.' I replied, still smiling.

'Okay.' He said and with that him and his boyfriend walked up to James' room.

About 5 minutes later, they came back down stairs cooing at how cute they are and how happy siri is that his brother is recovering.

'THEYRE SO CUTE, MUM!' Sirius said when they walked into the room.

'I know. They're adorable but shush before you wake them.' I replied.

'I know but I cant remember the last time reg slept. He has really bad insomnia. Hes doing so great!' He exclaimed, so proud of his little brother.

Regulus' pov:
I woke up to voices. More voices than just Sirius, lupin and James' parents. Who were those voices? What time was it? Crap! Its 9:30 am! I slept all afternoon and night! Wheres james gone? Who were those voices? As all these questions were racing through my mind, james walked in.

'Morning, sleeping beauty.' He said, when he saw I was awake.

'Hello.' I said before giving him a peck on the lips.

'Peter, Marlene and dorcas are downstairs. Wanna come say hi?' He asked.

'Can lupin make me one of those smoothies? I dont think I can eat any solid food at the moment.' I asked, giving puppy dog eyes.

'Yeh, I'll ask. I'm sure he'll say yes, see you downstairs in 5 mins?' He asked and I nodded, with that he left.

I got changed and headed downstairs.

When I walked into the kitchen, where everyone was, it felt like everyone was staring at me.

'Here you go.' Remus said, handing me my smoothie.

'Thank you.' I said, almost inaudible as everyone was watching me.

'So!' Sirius yelled, taking everyones attention from me so I could drink. 'Shall we go outside?' He asked his friends.

A collection of 'yeah's sounded, although james said 'me and reg will be out in a bit.' And they all just nodded and left.

'That was awkward.' I stated simply.

'I thought it was gonna go better than that.' He said, looking at me apologetically.

'It's fine, just kinda scary.' I said.

'Hey, they're my joggers! And that's my hoodie!' He said, just realising.

'No. I dont know what you mean.' I said faking innocence, blushing and giggling.

'You're cheeky.' He said before leaning in and kissing me. It was a soft but passionate kiss. Just then, pettigrew walked in.

'Oh shit, when sirius finds out, you're a dead man, dude.' He said to james.

'He knows, dickhead. He locked us in my room until we started dating, fucktard.' He said in a condescending tone.

'What the fuck?! That is the least Sirius thing ever. But also at the same time the most.' Pettigrew said back, laughing. 'Hey, isnt that James's hoodie?' He asked me.

To which I said 'no. I dont know what you mean.' Giggling and blushing.

'Right well, I just came to get a drink and let ya know they're wondering how long you'll be.' He said, smirking.

James looked at me, silently asking how long we'll be. 'Well, I'm finished so we can go out if you want.' I said, kinda nervous.

'Yea. Let's go.' He said, taking my hand.

We walked outside and yet again everyone looked at us.

'Oi! Hes stolen your hoodie and joggers!' Sirius yelled. 'I thought I was the only one allowed to steal them!' He sounded offended whilst everyone else laughed. I just giggled quietly, which made sirius smile because its been a while since he heard that sound.

'I did no such thing. His hoodies and joggers are my hoodies and joggers.' I said giggling, which made everyone else laugh even more.

'Is that so?' James asked me, smiling.

'Yes. It. Is.' I said, tapping his nose with each word.

We went to sit on the grass with everyone else. When we sat down, marlene and dorcas (I assume, seeing as they're the only girls here) asked if me and James are a 'thing', causing me to blush and james to smile the cheesiest smile ever. 'Ye, we are.' He said.

'What does sirius think?' The blonde one asked.

'It was his plan.' James said.

'He locked us in James's room and said we weren't allowed out until we started dating. It was a fairly eventful night.' I said chuckling.

A/N hi, I'm bored, currently doing history work and I'm on the verge of falling asleep.

(8th February 2021)