part 5.

"Jeez, dude!" Pope said out of relief when he saw the black bag John B pulled out the water.

"Omg!" Bella couldn't believe it. The anxiety Bella felt the past two days because of this boat was insane, but it was all worth this moment.
Relief was flooding over the 5 friends, they couldn't stop smiling.

"You okay?" Kiara asked John B.

"Yeah, I ran out of air.." He replied.

"You scared the shit out of me."

"Yeah, the cops were up here, but, uh... took care of 'em." Pope said, acting like that wasn't the scariest moment of their lives.

"Oh please, you guys can't lie for shit. If me and Kie weren't here you guys would've been caught for sure." Bella told Pope and JJ.

"Oh yeah definitely." Bella heard her best friend say from behind her.

"Alright we get it." JJ said rolling his eyes.

Bella chuckled and took a step towards JJ, taking off his hat from her head while she did.

"Thanks by the way.." She handed his hat back.

"Oh, uh- yeah of course-"

"Hey, guys? Guys, bogey, two o'clock." Kiara said looking in the other direction.

"What?" Bella asked. She looked past JJ and did see a boat like Kiara said.
On the boat were too adult men looking directly at Bella and her friends. And although Bella couldn't see their faces, they definitely didn't have the friendliest expression coming from them.

Everyone turned their heads towards the boat. "Do you recognize that boat?" Pope asked.

"I've never seen it." Kiara responded. "What are they doing here? The marsh is closed."

"Yeah and why are they looking at us?" Bella felt an unsettling feeling rise up in her chest.

"I don't know," JJ started, "But let's not stick around and find out."

"JJ, get the bowline." John B said.

"Yeah." JJ stood up and grabbed the rope.

"Should we wait on 'em?" Pope asked.

"No we're not gonna wait on them." John B quickly replied.

"Are you joking?" Kie said, "JJ, hurry up."

"Guys, don't wait for me! Go!" JJ pulled the bowline out of the water as fast as he could.

"Let's go!"

"Are they coming for us?"

"Maybe they're fishing." Pope said trying to calm everyone down, which didn't help.

"Maybe they're fishing?!" Bella shrieked. "Just go JB! Go into the marsh!"

"I'm going. Act natural."

John B turned around the boat as fast as possible and went straight into the march.
Bella stood next to JJ, holding onto the metal bar in front of the steering wheel so tight she could break it.

Bella turned her head around and saw the two mysterious men go into the same march as the pogues.

"Hey guys, they're following us..." She said her voice faintly breaking at the last word.

"This can't be good. Shit."

"Dude, you gotta go faster!" JJ said louder than he wanted to, he tried to hide his fear but everyone was losing their calm now and nobody bothered to act natural anymore.