part 2.

After finding the motel key in the boat, the 5 teens quickly went to the coast guard to report it.
Bella stepped of the boat and already saw how crowded it was. The hurricane did a lot of work to the outer banks and a lot of people that lived on the cut needed help.

John B and JJ stepped forward and tried to talk to the man that was at the reception. But because of the crowd the man didn't want to listen and cut the guys off.

The pogues stepped outside. "Well, that went well." Pope said.

"So, what's the plan?" JJ asked.

"I know how we're gonna find the guy who owns that boat." John B said, he was talking about the motel key of course.

"We don't know whose room that is. It could be anyone." Pope said worriedly.

"I'm in." JJ said as he threw the motel key to Kie.

"Come on. We'll be lookout." Kie said.

"Finder's fee. Just sayin'. And, hey, at least you'll only be an accomplice." John B convinced him as the others already started walking towards the boat.

"Man..."

"Come on, bubba."

The 5 friends arrived at the motel. It looked horrible. There were broken windows, broken stairs, the sign of the motel was down, the original color of the walls was almost completely gone and there were not many people around, it looked like a shitshow basically.

JJ whistled: "I thought the Château looked bad."

"This place is a shitshow."

"Motel or meth lab?"

"You be the judge."

"Doesn't look like a place somebody with a Grady-White stays."

"No. Looks like a place someone with a Grady-White would get killed." Pope said still being scared they would get in trouble.

"Well, that just makes all of this way more interesting..." Bella said eager to know who's boat it was and if there was anything useful in the room.

"This is your captain speaking. HMS Pogue comin' in for landing." JJ said, mimicking static sounds again, as they arrived at the land.

Bella, Pope and Kie were gonna stay on lookout while John B and JJ check out the room. Bella wasn't sure if sending JJ was the best idea since he was probably gonna do something stupid but she knew she couldn't stop him.

"Don't do anything stupid." She told the two boys.

"No promises..." John B replied.

"Oh, we will." JJ said.

"Yeah, I know." Bella replied. She just had to hope for the best now.

"Uh, be careful." Kie told John B with a worried look on her face but John B didn't really seem to take it seriously.

"I mean it."

"Yeah." He chuckled.

Bella raised her eyebrows with a playful smile on her face. She knew Kie was a worried person but she just said it to John B, not JJ and in a very soft way too.
Bella looked at JJ to see what his reaction was and she saw him already looking back at her with the same exact expression on his face.

"Let's go." He said as John B around and started walking towards the motel.

Bella chuckled loudly trying to annoy her best friend.

"What?" Kie hissed.

"Nothing, nothing!"

John B and JJ were gone for a couple of minutes now. Kie and Pope were asking each other questions to kill time but Bella already left the boat the minute she got bored.