part 1.

"You're late." Was the first thing Kiara told her best friend when she arrived at the soon-to-be house the five pogues were hanging out at.

"Hello to you too, Kie. I'm doing great actually, thank you for asking."
Kiara rolled her eyes.
"Come onnn, give me a hug." Bella teased her. She stepped towards her best friend and gave her a tight hug, Kiara soon returning it too.

"Hi Bell!"John B greeted Bella while standing on the roof. "Yo Bella!" She heard her other friend Pope say from a little further.

"Hi guys!" Bella greeted releasing from the hug.

"Why are you still in your bikini?" John B asked.

"I had practice, hence to why I'm late." She answered while putting on some clothes over her almost dry bikini.

"You got them?" Everyone's head turned to JJ. "You got the cookies?"

Bella stuck her hands in her bag again until she felt the plastic bag.
She pulled them up.
"I got the cookies." she answered with a smile on her face.
Bella threw the bag at JJ. He caught the bag before running the other way again, claiming the cookies all for himself.

"Hey! You're going to share those!" Pope yelled.

We're the Pogues, and our mission this summer
is to have a good time, all the time.

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck? I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival." Pope told John B while looking at him balancing on one leg.

"Mm." John B answered before sticking his finger in his tongue and holding it up to find out the direction of the wind.

"I don't really think the wind is gonna make a difference man." Bella intervened while walking towards JJ for a beer and a cookie.

"Should I do it?" John B continued, ignoring Bella.

"Yeah, jump." Pope answered "I'll shoot you on the way down."

"You'll shoot me?"

"Yep." Pope aimed his screwdriver at John B.

"Pow." John B aimed back, using his finger as guns.

Bella laughed at her friends' childish behavior before taking a very big sip from her beer.
"Hard day huh?" JJ asked Bella noticing her beer can was already almost empty after a couple of sips.

"You could say that, yeah."

"I still don't know why you haven't quit yet."

"Me neither." Bella sighed sitting down next to JJ. She was very tired.

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." Kie said coming out of the building.

"Of course. Why wouldn't they?" JJ answered.

"This used to be a turtle habitat but who cares about the turtles I guess?"

"You know what Kie, I care about the turtles, a lot actually." Bella jokingly told her best friend to cheer her up while grabbing the bags of cookies from JJ's hand.

"Look at what you're holding in your hands." Kie said looking up towards her friends.

Bella looked back at her hands where she was holding the plastic bag of cookies.
Unbothered, Bella shrugged her shoulders and continued eating her cookie.

Ignoring Bella, Kie looked up towards John B.
"Can you please not kill yourself?"

"Don't spill that beer." JJ told John B, "I'm not giving you another one."
Not seconds later, John B dropped his beer.
"Oh, shit!"