Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter 6....

"We're taking my truck." Mason tossed his keys in his hands.

"But my car-"

"Is still at the hotel, I know, but my truck holds more." He waved me off as he went to the drivers side of his truck. Opening the door he looked over at me. "Coming?"

I only hesitated for a moment before nodding. I did need to find a veil but I also wanted to be selfish and spend more time with Mason. I knew once the wedding was over he'd go back to work and we'd go back to seeing each other once every few months in passing.

Not letting myself second guess it I quickly got in the passenger side. While he started the truck up I glanced around and was once again surprised at how clean it was. When I first got in I kind of expecting to see the floor littered with wrappers but nope. It was clean just like he bought it and it even smelled good. Pine mixed with a bit of...cedar. The smell was all Mason.

Trying not to be a creep and start smelling his truck I took my phone out.

"First we should try the bridal store on Main Street. We went there a few months back and they had a good selection." I rambled off.

Honestly Mason was the last person I thought that I would spend my afternoon with. Going to a bunch of bridal stores looking for veils didn't seem like something he would enjoy. Especially for a guy who knew next to nothing about weddings. I give him 20 minutes before he starts complaining.

While Mason steered us towards main street I fiddled with my phone, not really sure what to say.

"So you said you are almost done with your project?" I finally asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah. We are actually ahead of schedule so I'll head back next week and finish it up."

"It's for that big hotel isn't it?" Mason nodded.

"I haven't told anyone yet but...they've already asked me to build another for them." My eyes widened.

"Mason! That's fantastic news!" I beamed over at him. "You've done such a good job they are probably going to hire you to always build for them."

"That's hopefully the plan. They pay amazingly well and now I can expand the company and get more workers." I sat there listening to him talk about expanding, hearing the passion in his voice as he talked about his work. I loved listening to people talk about their passions and seeing their faces light up. Seeing the look on Mason's face made me smile.

"Mase that is amazing. Your parents and Heather are going to be so proud." I found myself reaching over and grabbed his bicep, squeezing it gently. I ignored the hard muscle under my fingers as I did so.

"I'll tell them after the wedding. The last thing I want is to steal Heather's thunder." I couldn't help but laugh and agree.

"True she probably won't even hear a word you say unless the word wedding is in it." Mason chuckled alongside me as we pulled in front of the bridal store. I silently prayed this place would have one on such short notice but I didn't have much hope. Sometimes bridal stores don't have veils laying around since they are customized to the dress.

"Lets do this." I said out loud and hopped out of the truck. My heels clicked loudly on the pavement as I marched for the door. I was going to get that veil come hell or high water.

"Someone's on a mission." Mason remarked behind me.

"The sooner we find one the better. You have yet to see Heather in one of her breakdowns but I have. It isn't pretty." I shook my head as I opened the door, the bell chiming loudly overhead. I already knew what Heather's wedding dress looked like, but I pulled up a picture of it on my phone.

icon lock

Show your support for Kenadee, and continue reading this story

by Kenadee
@OutOfMyLimit17
Hooking up with her best friend's brother is Sam's childhood crush co...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 41 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @OutOfMyLimit17.