Product of the Damned

Jimin took Genivere's hand, sorrow in his eyes, "Genivere, your transition, it's made Jungkook human, he's weaker than weak now, we all will be soon." She took a step back, "What do you mean? How did this happen?"

"I found it in my ancestor's journals, when a magical being transitions into Vampire, they can sometimes take over, completely. It's happened before, but it was controlled easily."

"How do we stop it then?" Hoseok asked.

Just then, Jimin noticed that Jungkook was stirring, "Jungkook!" Genivere and Hoseok turned their heads to him. "Genivere.....you're okay." His voice was hoarse and his eyes glassy as he raised up, "Your hair, your eyes...."

Genivere looked away from him, "They....they said you had a difficult time..."

The events that took place unraveled in his mind and he gave her a cold stare before turning to Jimin, "What's wrong with me? Why am I so tired?" He shivered, putting his arms around himself, "And so cold?"

"Out with it! What's going on?" Jin demanded as he stared Jimin down. Jimin paid no attention to Jin and calmly came to Jungkook's side, "My Lord, I believe this is something that should be spoken about in private." He turned his gaze towards Jin and Hoseok

"Then it shall be. The two of you will leave us at once."

"But, Jungkook! I am on your side! I can help if you let me." Jin pleaded.

"Leave us and mention nothing of this until I speak to you again." Jungkook sprang from the bed, quickly losing his patience. With a concerned look on his face, Jin bowed and made his exit behind Hoseok, obediently. In any other situation, Jin would've put up more of a fight; however, Jungkook was not merely his best friend, he was also the Master Vampire, ruling over every vampire in existence, second only to the Panel of Head Vamps who oversee that all stays well within their world.

Jimin placed his hand on his forehead and pushed his hair back, "The only way to make you human again is-" He sighed heavily, "Is for her to be killed." He looked down, not wanting to witness the look on their faces.

He knew what an abomination this was for them, regardless if Jungkook wanted nothing more to do with Genivere, he would never have her killed.

Jungkook's eyes shot to Genivere and back to Jimin, slouching his posture, "How did you come to this conclusion?"

"Master," Jimin started but Jungkook interrupted him, "Enough with the honorifics! Just tell me!"

Jimin nodded, "My ancestors left journals. There was only one instance of a witch being transitioned into a vampire before." He straightened his cloak, "In the journals it states after many attempts, the only way to restore order was to kill the newly transitioned."

"There's no way I'm sacrificing my soulmate to save myself! This was my doing!"

"And I don't want you to either. Jungkook, I am the most knowledgeable Wizard in this world and the next, if there is another way, I will find it." He moved closer to him, looking him directly in the eyes, "But if the Panel of Head Vamps and Board of Magicians find out about this, I will be forced to tell them. They won't allow time for experiments." He folded his arms, "And they will most certainly find out when others start turning into mere mortals as well."

"How much time do we have?" Jungkook asked him, watching Genivere out of the corner of his eye.

"None, really. Some may have already started to turn, and if I turn before I've found another way..."

"Then waste no time." Jungkook commanded as he turned to Genivere, "Stay here while I speak with Jin. These walls will keep you safe, for now."

Genivere cut her eyes at him as Jimin disappeared, "Why? Can't you see that this world is falling apart and it's all my fault? Just let me meet my fate!"

Jungkook grabbed her by the shoulders, clenching his teeth, "It's my fault for letting a tramp such as yourself invade the walls around my heart, and I promise it will not happen again." He let go of her and straightened the cuffs of his sleeves, looking straight ahead, "Nonetheless, my soulmate's life will not be sacrificed for my own. Only someone unworthy of the title of Master Vampire would be so weak as to do so."

Genivere turned away from him as tears flooded her eyes. He had warned her many times, he had tried to keep himself distanced, but she hadn't allowed it. As far as she had been concerned, she couldn't live without him, despite any consequence to herself, but now Jungkook was paying the consequences along with the rest of his dark but beautiful world.

Jungkook left the room, pausing only a moment in the doorway, hopeful, when he thought he heard her crying.

He quickly convinced himself that he was only hearing things, that the woman he fell in love with was no more.

He closed the door not realizing how heavy it was and the door nearly pushed him out into the hallway faster than he intended to go. He grunted something aimed towards the door and made his way down the hall, pushing the memories of Genivere that were trying to resurface back to where he believed they belonged: In the past.

In his room, Genivere was laid across his bed, her tears dripping on his sheets, as she too tried to suppress memories of Jungkook, to no avail.

~~

"I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday, and to give you this." He handed her a small silver box with a vibrant blue bow on top with a gentle smile on his face.

"Awe, Jungkook! Thank you so much!" She took the box from him and gave him a peck on the cheek, which he liked a little too much and had to look away to maintain himself. "But you didn't have to, just being here is enough."

He looked down, putting his hands in his pockets, "We talked about this, Genivere, we really shouldn't be seeing each other at all."

"I know what you said but," She looked up at him, pouting, "Who would it really hurt if we just spent a little time together? One dinner? A movie? A walk along the beach?" She grinned at him as she walked her fingers up his arm. He looked around thinking, "I'm with Malificent. Or at least I will be, what's the use in developing feelings for each other when we can't act on them?"

She placed her forehead on his chest and he wrapped his arms around her instinctively, rubbing her back to comfort her. He leaned his cheek on her head, taking in the smell of her vanilla shampoo and exhaling heavily. Her being this close to him was too dangerous and painfully unfair, but his will power to remain at a distance had worn thin, or rather, it was completely gone.

He reveled in the warmth of her body while mentally scolding himself, he was too weak to continue seeing her, and he needed to remove himself. Now. Right now.

He jumped back, "Okay, well, have a happy birthday then."

"Jungkook?"

She watched as he quickly made his way out of the park and in no time he was just another short memory of hers. The man she had fallen madly, stupidly even, in love with was meant for another and she should've been angry, seething really, from the torture he put her through each time he would give her a small taste of what it was like to be his and then abruptly leave her alone and cold again, but she simply couldn't be mad. There was nothing in her heart but pure love for him and even though he would only grace her with his presence briefly, she knew there was a flame, a brightly burning flame that wouldn't douse easily.

~~