Midnight

The clock struck midnight as an eerie silence hung in the stagnant air of the highest tower of the old, but sturdy castle, the moon casting a crimson glow over the empty bed that would soon become the scene for an heinous crime. A crime that Jungkook fought tooth and nail to prevent for the last six months to no avail.

He held his eyes tightly closed as he focused on the chiming of the clock, second chime....he wasn't ready but he had no choice.....third chime....it was all her fault....fourth...fifth....by the twelfth chime he had broken out in a sweat and his mind was raging. His eyes shot open and he clenched his fists, he was ready to do what he had to do before his heart could get in the way again. He stormed over to the woman that had been standing quietly in front of the door, observing his madness as he lost what little he had left. She gasped as he yanked her by the arm and forced her to the bed, throwing her down like a rag doll. He immediately hovered over her, snarling, "This is what you wanted, wasn't it? What you wanted all along?"

"I-I didn't mean..."

He grabbed her hair, forcing her head back as she let out a yelp, tears continuously streaming down her face. "You could've left. You could've just let me go!" His voice boomed in her ears.
His gaze wandered down to her neck and back up to her eyes and he whispered in an eerie tone, "But you didn't, and now I have to do....this."

His eyes watered and his body trembled with the thought of the ungodly thing he was about to do to her, "I tried to stop this, I'll never forgive you." A tear dropped from the tip of his nose onto her cheek. She looked into his reddened, sorrowful eyes, relaxing her body and breathing out slowly, "Do what you have to do. I'll forgive you."

She turned her face away from him, closing her eyes in preparation. There was no way out, it was this or worse. The life she was born into was coming to an end in mere seconds but she couldn't blame him for it, no, he was an angel in the dark world in which he existed; in fact, he was the reason she was so easily succumbing to this, losing his love her only real fear. For once he sank his sharp teeth into her neck she would suffer many deaths, only to be resurrected out of fire itself. She would belong to the dark side. She would belong to him.

He cried out, nothing he could do would save her, now all he could do was fulfill their destiny. He raised his eyes to the window above the bed to glare at the reddened moon that mocked his pain before looking back at his fated bride again, "After this, I can't save you from the coldness." He titled his head down and without warning clenched his teeth onto her neck as she screamed and writhed in pain underneath him. With his mind clear and suddenly focused, he held onto her as he drank the bitter liquid from her body until she slowly went silent. He followed her neck with his mouth as her head fell backwards and her body went limp. He stifled another round of tears as he realized the moment her life left her body as he made sure every last drop was ingested, now she was damned forever, damned forever to him.

He was emotionally exhausted as he raised his head and looked at his bride's face once more. He gently caressed her cheek with his fingers, feeling that the heat had already dissipated from her body and her skin glowed a cool blue color. It would be some time before she would resurrect into what she was fated to become but he wasn't anxious for that. He lifted his body off of the bed and walked towards the door, mourning the loss of one of the most precious beings he had ever known. He grasped the doorknob and turned to look at her lifeless body once more. It was done, the world was back in order as it was supposed to be, even the moon's new silver glow confirmed that, causing a wave of nausea to come over him.

He swung the door open and weakly waved his arm at the Head Vamp and his men that had been waiting for the deed to be done. "All is as it's supposed to be now." His voice cracked as he called to him, reminding him of how tired he was as he trudged to his room away from the disaster his destiny had become. He only hoped to make it there before becoming hysterical.

The Head Vamp spun around, his velvet cloak sweeping the floor as he called after him, "You did good, trust me, one day you will see." He raised his hand and snapped his ring adorned fingers to his men behind him as he stared after Jungkook, "Get her to the dungeon before she bursts into flames."

"Fuck off, Namjoon." Jungkook called to the Head Vamp as he slammed the heavy door behind him, causing the crows that were perched on his balcony to scatter in all directions. He snatched his cloak from his wardrobe as tears threatened to fall again. He draped the cloak over his shoulders and growled in frustration. He had already planned to get far away from the castle before Genivere's process started but his heart was begging him to stay, especially in the event something went awry.

It was over between them, he was convinced. Once she arose from her own ashes she would be someone else, whatever fate's definition of perfection was for her, and her heart would be darkened. He didn't want that, he didn't want her as a creature of the night, he was perfectly content with watching her natural beauty and kindness from afar. In a perfect world, he would have been allowed to take her as her natural self for his own, without any stipulations, but this was no perfect world. It was full of death, angst, and sorrow for anyone who so happened to be born into it or forced into it.

He lifted his chin and stepped towards the door, having made up his mind. He wouldn't stay to suffer through her screeching and howling in agony, even if something went wrong, what was there he could do for her anyways? A team of the finest wizards, witches, and vampires were all on site to see her through to the end and beyond, he would only be in the way. He was leaving until he was sure her transition was done, and he wouldn't think about it any further.