Humans Die

"We must," Namjoon gulped silently, "Finish the process quickly." He felt himself waivering as he took Genivere's hand and lead her to a special throne in the dungeon where she took her seat compliantly.

He was unsure of himself as he motioned to his men, "Take care of this.... quickly." He avoided Genivere's gaze, too ashamed to face her.

Suddenly the door swung open behind him and vibrated the room as it hit the wall, causing everyone to startle. Namjoon whipped his head around with fire in his eyes, ready to lash out at the offender but instead his blood ran cold as one of his men held up an oozing severed head, "Their back, with a vengeance this time."

"Dear God!" Namjoon screamed, "Every man to his position at once! You there! Get Jungkook and tell him to meet me at the entrance to the castle!" He turned towards Genivere, "We will continue this at a later time. Hide yourself for now."

Genivere watched as Namjoon left, turning her attention to the purple ooze puddles on the floor. She had heard of it only in horror stories: the race of Dragonites. Vile dragon-like creatures that could turn iron into molten lave with their breath alone, creatures straight from hell itself.

There was no way they could win this war without their powers, the powers she was somehow stealing from them. She ran through the castle, trying to find someone that would end her right then so that all would go back as it should be. "Sir! Sir! Please, you must end me, there isn't much time!"

The man flinched as she grabbed onto his sleeve, "I can't! Only certain individuals are able to kill vampires, please don't hurt me!" He hid his face with his arms, trembling.

"No, I would never do that! I'm sorry I bothered you. Carry on, please."

He nearly tripped over his own feet turning and running away.

If only certain people could kill her, she would need to catch up to Namjoon, she knew for certain he could do it and it wouldn't be hard to convince him. She hiked up her dress, kicked her shoes off, and ran as fast as she could until she saw Jungkook and Namjoon huddled with a large group of men at the entrance to the castle.

"Wait! Namjoon! Please.....if you kill me now, it will restore power to everyone that's lost it! Then you might have a chance at winning!" She came to a sudden stop, huffing.

Namjoon turned towards her, "It's too late....I've lost mine...Jungkook's lost his. There's no one else that can do the deed that's anywhere near this castle."

Jungkook stared at her with widened eyes, "Why would you ask for such a thing?"

A balding man dressed in armor ran threw the group frantically and latched on to Jungkook, "They've made it through the castle walls! They're here!" He let go of him and stumbled off in fear.

They all looked on as a sudden horde of Dragon-like creatures stampeded towards them. She stepped forward, an instinct she had never had before.

"Genivere, let's go! We can't fight them!" Jungkook grabbed her by the waist but she turned towards him and grabbed his arms, her violet eyes glowing, "Take the others. Run."

Jungkook was stunned by her eyes, nearly entranced.

"Run! Now!" She turned back to the horde, her lips twisting into a menacing smile. Where her confidence came from, she wasn't sure. A purple flame bursted around her and engulfed her out of nowhere, blocking her vision as she stared through the haze, trying to focus on any dark shadows she could make out.

The flames cleared and she was faced with lines of dragonites, all standing in awe that she was unscathed.

Seconds later, black smoked exploded from her neon eyes, rushing outward towards the Dragonites, each one bashing into the other as they were thrown back from the force, darkened blood spewing from the wounds made from their weapons and bones clashing and breaking.

She watched as the wounded ones crumbled to dust and the few that were intact ran for their lives. She smirked and called some of the guards over that had been mercilessly fighting before she took care of the problem, "Check to see if there are any breaks in the door and get them fixed right away. You sir, can you have someone check on the people of our village? Report to me if there have been any so much as scratched by those awful things."

"Y-yes Mistress."

She ran to Jungkook, who had been standing a small distance behind her, watching her clear the castle of those horrible beasts with minutes.

"Genivere! Are you okay? How did you do that?" He asked her, a puzzled look on his face.

"I'm fine, but there's no time to discuss this, I need to speak with Namjoon right away."

Jin quickly approached them, his face red, "This is your fault!"

Jungkook stood in front of him as he pointed at Genivere, "Our entire kingdom, everyone in it! Ruined! We have no choice but to sit back and meet our fate of extinction now!"

"Jin! It's not her fault, she saved us from the Dragonites, none of us would be here right now if she hadn't, she at least spared us that much!"

"Who cares?" Jin screamed. "And look at you! You're already dying!"

Jungkook looked at him, puzzled, until he noticed a large streak of hair hanging in his eyes was without color. He grabbed it to examine as best he could and turned towards Namjoon, "My god, what is this?"

Namjoon sighed, "Humans die, Jungkook. As humans, we are well over due to meet our deaths."