Chapter Five

I walk into the cottage and find it in a messy state with clothes and personal items strewn about. "This isn't like Sir Goro..." I say to myself. I know! I'll surprise him by cleaning this up! I have nothing better to do anyways and I'm not feeling tired! I'm sure he's going to be surprised! I set about picking up all the items, folding and hanging his clothes. After about two hours or so I finished cleaning everything up and putting it away neatly. I'd gotten a little carried away and did a deep clean of the whole place, even managing to get a few stubborn stains out of the carpet and scum out of the grout in the shower.

I'm still not feeling tired and after all that cleaning, I feel like going on a walk. I put on a light jacket and my shoes and leave the cottage, going towards the forest. It's a bright night out with the full moon and the sound of night's critters fill the air. I pull my sleeves down over my hands to keep a little warmer in the chilly night.

The sound of a twig snapping sounds through the air, catching my attention. I face the direction I think it came from and peer into the dark. "Hello?" I call out. "Is someone there?" No response. The hairs on the back of my kneck stick up as I begin to fear a wild animal may be stalking me. I slowly begin to back away towards the cottages, keeping my eyes looking in the direction of the twig snapping.

Another twig snaps, this time followed by a thud and the sound of a human growl. "Shit." a gruff voice mutters. I breathe a breath of relief and make my way towards Sir Goro and find him face down on the ground.

"Sir? Are you all right?"

"Keit- Keitaro! Hey there, buddy! Do you think you could help me up?" His words are slurred but I'm able to understand him. I get behind him and hoist him up by wrapping my arms around his chest. He helps by using a nearby tree. "Th-thanks," he says, the smell of the alcohol on his breath hitting me in the face.

"Come on Sir, let's get you back to your room." He leans a lot of his weight onto me and we begin to make our slow trek back to the cottage.

"You're a good guy, Keitaro. Really good," he sniffles as if he's going to cry. "I'm reaaaaaaally happy Yoshi let you into the camp."

I smile and shake my head. Hearing Sir Goro like this is both comical and sweet. I wish it was a side we got to see more often. "Thank you, Sir. So am I. I'm very grateful to have met all of you."

Sir Goro grunts with effort as we step over a tree root, nearly falling but I manage to hold us up. "Y-you're a good influence on this camp. -hiccup-"

"Thank you, Sir."

"I mean it! You should be a scoutmaster here one day! I'd love to have you!" He gives me a gentle friendly squeeze.

"Okay, here we are, Sir!" I lead him inside and now that there are no obstacles, let go of him slowly to make sure he doesn't fall.

His eyes go wide with wonder like a child's as he looks around the room. "Keitaro!" he excitedly cries. "This looks soooooo good! This is what I mean! I love you Keitaro! You're the man."

Hearing him say he loves me makes me blush. I don't know how to react so instead I guide him to his bed but he stops me and instead pulls out a couple of bottles of alcohol. "Drink with me Keitaro! I still have some party in me! HEHE!"

"Sir, I don't think th-"

"Oh, Keitaro!" he exclaims as he pours a couple of glasses and hands me one. "There are times when you should just relax. Have a drink with me. I want to know more about you."

I look down at the glass and grimace as the smell meets my nose. I decide there's no arguing with him and toss it back, swallowing it quickly. The alcohol burns its way down my throat and leaves a putrid taste in my mouth that makes me gag. Sir Goro laughs and pats me on the back. "HAH! You did better than me my first time..." he reminisces, his eyes glossing over. "Yeah, back then I'd party all the time. It never really gets easier." He looks down into his glass and shakes his head with a smile. "You just get better at hiding how much it sucks." He puts the glass to his lips and dumps it back and grimaces slightly.

"Another!" he shouts pouring two more. This man is going to kill me.

An hour later and I'm on the floor laughing with tears in my eyes as Sir Goro makes a fool of himself, impersonating Scoutmaster Yoshi on his first day of camp as a scout. "The poor guy smelled for a week! We made him eat outside so the other campers could eat in the mess hall without plugging their noses!" 

I can't help but laugh uncontrollably to the point I'm gasping for air. When I've finally gathered myself, I grab my glass and stand up and stumble my way over to Sir Goro who pours the last of the bottle into my glass. I toss it back, but only a little makes it into my mouth, the rest ends up on my shirt earning a hearty laugh from Sir Goro.

"I gotta say..." he says, setting the bottle on the table but missing and dropping it harmlessly on the floor, "I can't believe you're able to drink this much." He does a double-take at the table, confused for a moment about where the bottle went until he looks down.

I shake my head and make my way to the bathroom, using the wall as my guide since the doorway seems to be moving. "Me??? What about you? You've been drinking for hours and seem better than me!" I make it to the toilet and drop my shorts and pull down my underwear and start to pee, shifting slightly as I lose my balance.

"Nah... It's just your first time. We're all like that at first" I finish peeing and flush. I try to pull up on shorts but I'm stepping on them and I stumble and fall instead. "You okay?" he calls out.

I nod my head and then laugh, realizing he can't hear me nod. "Yes, my shorts tripped me." I try and pull my shorts back up while sitting but they're all tangled somehow. I take them all the way off and try to figure out what's going on and straighten it out before trying to put them on again with no luck. Frustrated, I throw them and take off my alcohol-soaked shirt and crawl my way out of the bathroom and back to where  I was. Sir Goro is opening another bottle and pouring a few more glasses.

He glances my way, breaking his concentration causing him to spill a little. "BAHAHA What's this?!" 

I reach my spot and collapse and roll over so I'm looking up. "My shorts apparently don't want me." I sit up with great effort and take the glass Sir Goro is holding out to me and drink it. The more I drink the easier it seems to go down.

"Yeah, that tends to happen sometimes." He looks at the clock and sighs and stands up. "As much fun as I'm having, it's getting late." I look at the clock but I can't make it out. I try to get up but my body refuses and I collapse back onto the floor. Instead, Sir Goro scoops me up almost effortlessly and drops me into the bed and removes his clothes. I scoot over to make room for him but he rolls in almost on top of me. The heat from his body washes over me, warming my chilled body and I decide not to move away.

"Are you cold?" he asks, running a warm hand over my bare chest, sending shivers throughout my body. "You are in just your underwear."

"Aren't you cold? You aren't wearing anything," I respond.

"Haha! True, but I always sleep like this. Sorry if it makes you uncomfortable."

I shake my head and scoot closer to him. "It doesn't make me uncomfortable at all."

"Good," he sighs, rubbing my arm. I snuggle up closer, pressing my back against him and quickly fall asleep.