CROSS MY HEART

CROSS MY HEARThope to die

CROSS MY HEART
hope to die. to my lover, i'd never lie.
he said "be true," i swear i'll try.
in the end, it's him and i.

satirestiles
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

If fairytales are real
then she is the kind of princess
no prince or king could ever handle.
She was not made
for ballgowns and parties
but for battlefields and saddles.

— Warrior Princess, Nikita Gill

        AVERI BIRD MITCHELL was always known to be one of the sensitive girls living in Beacon Hills. Maybe that was the reason why people found it so easy to walk all over her, take advantage of her. But as much as it fell to be one of her greatest flaws, she learned to wield it as one of her greatest strengths.

        Especially when it came to her relationships, always having a deeper bond than the regular. And that was how it was for them, the three musketeers, a name given to them by their parents. Consisting of Scott McCall, Stiles Stilinski, and Averi Mitchell, best of friends almost their whole lives.

The trio had grown up together, doing everything together and being completely inseparable ever since. However as they grew up, so did their emotions, their feelings.

Stiles couldn't exactly recall when his feelings came about—actually, he could, he just chose not to. His whole life he always liked her but he didn't realize that he liked her until the third grade. She was the sweetest girl he'd ever met, there was simply nothing she could do that he couldn't admire. And even with how stubbornly moody she could be, he cherished all of her.

        And while Averi stood blindly of his heart eyes, Scott saw them clearly. But friendships like such are sacred, the yearning feelings only get in the way of things and Stiles just couldn't risk it—so once he knew in third grade he found a substitute, Lydia Martin.

        In the end, it didn't matter. What was once locked in place was now broken out of. You know what's said about a friend group of three, they never stay together.

        Three always finds a way to become two.

        And in this case, Averi was the one. It was the summer just before eighth grade when it all happened. When her mom died. How? Even Averi herself wasn't sure, but maybe that was because her mom wasn't exactly the most present parent—always having to deal with some sort of business in Virginia. It was all so confusing for the poor girl, and it was after that, that she began to distance herself from the two boys she grew so close to.