𝟬𝟬𝟬 prologue

000 | PROLOGUE▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

000 | PROLOGUE
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

        RUNNING. Someone running, but she couldn't tell who. It was dark, the rain pouring so hard you could hear each drop hit the rugged ground. The sound of leaves cracking and sticks breaking echoed after each rushing footstep, the dirt getting muddier with every raindrop.

        It was a teenage boy—the same age as her, even though she couldn't quite tell, somehow she just knew. Something about him felt familiar, even his panting sounded like she'd heard it before. She took note of his clothes, he wore a plain red hoodie and blue jeans. Then she noticed how he held onto his side, the boy was in pain and you could hear the terror in his heaving breaths.

        Every image was turning into flashes, every noise growing louder and louder, it all feeling less real as the subtle hue of purple on everything grew more saturated.

        A large figure appeared suddenly, built like some sort of wolf-like animal with glowing eyes. But it couldn't be a wolf because there aren't any wolves in California. The flashes moved too fast for her to see the being clearly but enough for her to see how it wasn't just some regular animal.

It was strange, feeling all that he was feeling.

Almost as if she were him. As if she were in his body, but she wasn't actually watching through his eyes.

Why didn't he feel like some sort of made up person in her head? She knew him and she was sure of it—she didn't know why, she just was. Though one thing she knew for a fact, was where he was. He's been running through the woods, Beacon Hills Preserve.

        Only this wasn't real, she knew that too. So this boy couldn't be real then, right? It's not like any of this was actually happening no matter how vivid it looked or felt. All of this was just some stupid illusion in her head that she would forget about once it ends.

        The flashing images finally stopped as soon as he ran into the street. A red car honked loudly, swerving right past him, almost hitting him.

        After that there was an ongoing ringing, the sound rising more and more. And the aggressive rain was still pouring, his clothes now completely drenched and heavy on his skin. His hair was now stuck drooping on his forehead—and still, she couldn't see who he was.

The teenager lifted his hoodie to reveal the blood oozing from a large bite on his side...

        But this? All this was nothing.

        No, this...

        This was only the beginning.

✍︎ author's note━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━back to the very start

✍︎ author's note
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
back to the very start...sorry luvs..

i felt like having this as a prologue is a lot better than in the first chapter, which will probably be a little shortened

the synopsis was also rewritten a bit, as will all the other chapters that were already published. there won't be too much of a difference in the plot, maybe some minor changes and the dialogue parts will probably be a little different in some chapters.

and the indentations on like the first 5 chapters are gonna be off compared to this prologue and all the other chapters afterwards only because i still wanna be able to see the comments there were.

there's almost a whole new cast too, i decided to change up the face claims for the mitchell family to different ones that suit the teen wolf aesthetic better and they also just match up so perfectly w the image i've always originally had for them

RIP
og face claims for cross my heart
you will be greatly missed