𝟬𝟬𝟭 three years

001 | THREE YEARS▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

001 | THREE YEARS
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

AVERI'S EYES shot wide open, everything stopped. The dream finally ended. Her ears were ringing, vision blurry in the darkness. And it was cold, incredibly cold.

     She used one of her hands to rub her tired eyes, the other to help herself sit up. Only instead of feeling the soft blankets of her bed, she felt a ruff surface, twigs and leaves.

     Averi furrowed her brows in confusion, "What the hell?..." she muttered before slowly pulling herself up to stand, cleaning off all the dirt and leaves that was left on her clothes—or at least as much as she could.

It took her a long minute to figure out where she was, the very same woods her dream was set in. How in the world did she get to Beacon Hills Preserve?

Was I sleep-walking? She concluded that as her reason, too tired to think more about it.

      The light brunette took out a pack of Marlboros she stole from her uncle, she always did whenever he was passed out. She used to also take the little bit of money he had on him but once he figured out why his cash kept disappearing...well, she learned not to do it again.

You can't really blame her, she was a broke teenager in desperate need of basic household items like groceries and such. It wasn't like her uncle was gonna go buy them. Anyone else in her place would do the very same.

Averi lit it up the cigarette in between her lips using an old lighter she found awhile back, engraved with some sort of flower and only one letter that was too difficult to read due to the strange font and how aged it was—she wasn't even sure if it really was a letter, it could just be a type of symbol. It looked almost like an 'S' or maybe a '5'?

Whatever...

    As she was just about to put it back inside her jeans pocket—there was a sudden sound of twigs breaking and inaudible voices in the distance. She started to move closer to it, making sure to light up the flame in her hands again.

     "No, because I'm playing this year." Scott spoke with confidence, "In fact, I'm making first line."

     Stiles didn't care to turn as he continued walking, "Hey, that's the spirit, everyone should have a dream." his tone covered in sarcasm, "Even if it's a pathetically unrealistic one."

     The McCall boy snickered as he rolled his eyes, "Kind of like your dream of finally having a chance with Aves, completely forgetting about the asshole she's dating."