First Is The Worst

The sun was high in the sky. Beating down on the people walking the streets of Silver Lake. The Minister sat in her office, sipping fervently on a bitter cup of tea. Today felt different. As if something was going to happen. Something bad. It was just a feeling and she knew it wasn't that important so she cast it from her mind, taking another sip of tea. Suddenly, there was a frantic knock on her office door and she replied. "Come in," she drawled and her assistant, Debbie nearly burst into the room, her hair amock and her breathing heavy. "I didn't ask you to run a marathon, did I, Debbie?" The Boss asked and Debbie huffed, straightening her dress. The Boss stood up with her tea once she saw the look of pure fear and terror etched in her assistant's hazel eyes. She was terrified.
"What is it, Debbie?" She snapped and Debbie looked as if she were to cry. She kept peaking over the Minister's shoulder, towards the floor to ceiling windows as if something was staring at her right back. "Well?! Spit it out!" She shouted and Debbie flinched, whimpering. "He's here!" She screamed and the Boss' eyes widened. "Who?" She sneered and Debbie cried and fell to the ground, her entire body shaking as if it pained her to give this mystery person a name.

"The Fl-Flame Thrower!" She cried and the Boss' mouth fell open.

Her cup of tea fell to the ground in shatters.

Suddenly, petrifying screams echoed from the lower levels of the building, quickly followed by the sound of machine guns tearing people apart. Arthur Weasley ran into the office, his face bloody and his body shaking. The look he gave her was purely mortified and she followed him downstairs.

When they got there, the Boss gasped.

The entire first floor of the Ministry was covered floor to ceiling in blood. Burn marks and bullet holes etched every inch of the walls and there were tiny fires on the walls as well as the receptionist's desk. At least twenty Ministry employees lay on the floor. There flesh hanging off their faces and their clothes burnt to a crisp. Screams of pain reverberated around the room. However most of them lay unmoving. Dead.

And in the center of all of it was Blaise Zabini, his legendary flame thrower in hand.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

The Boss stood frozen, Arthur behind her crying into his hands.

"Security!" She screamed. No one came.

A chill went down her spine when the Flame Thrower laughed, licking his lips as he watched the little employees left alive struggling for their lives.

"SECURITY!" She screeched again and the man cocked his eyebrow.

"You see, they don't listen to you anymore. Not when I'm here," he said and she stared at him hysterically. He cocked his head to the right and her eyes widened further when she saw every security guard huddled in the corner, too afraid of leaving their corner. She reached behind her and Blaise tutted slowly. "Reaching for a gun?" He inquired.

She froze.

"Oh, please. Don't let me stop you," he said happily.

"I just hope you know that I've got the entire block surrounded. We've boxed you in. Like a Christmas present," he grinned.

Suddenly, a gun was triggered behind her and Arthur gasped. She turned around and gasped herself.

Ron Weasley held the gun at his father's head. His deep blue eyes raging like the ocean.

"You realize, Madam, I could stop all of this. Right now. But under one condition. You tell the entire world what you've done. You know that all the people I've killed. All the people I've burnt. All the people lying on this floor. You know they all deserved it,"

Blaise began to slowly walk around the smoke filled room, everybody outside of the building who had been watching all began to panic.

He kicked the corpse of a man near him and motioned to him.

"Did you know that Eric Franklin here constantly raped and assaulted women who work a few floors above this one. Poor Debbie," he said and the Boss felt her mouth dry.

"But you knew that, didn't you?"

She kept quiet.

Blaise moved again and nudged a woman who looked seconds away from dying.

"Potter? Remind me what Primrose Sullivan here did?!" He asked, looking behind him. Outside the building, Harry was stood with Hermione, Dean, Astoria and Cormac McLaggen. Guns in hand, manning the entrance. In the two opposite buildings, Draco and Pansy had fully loaded sniper rifles, waiting.

"She was a pedophile. Sexually assaulted ten students earlier this year!" Harry shouted back and the Boss felt every muscle in her body tense.

"And you knew that," Ron said suddenly, putting the muzzle of the gun to her head.

"Don't worry, Madam. He won't shoot. None of them will unless I tell them too. Your 'employees' follow you with blind obedience because they think you can give them power. I've got a gang of five hundred surrounding this building, not out of obedience or order. Out of love and trust. Hell Fire isn't just my gang, it's my family. And you murdered one of its members not so long ago-"

Now Blaise pointed at Arthur with his flame thrower. Pulling the trigger, a small stripe of fire burst out of it and Arthur fell to the floor. His sobs wracking his body.

"I'm not killing you because I know Ron doesn't want that. But nothing is stopping me and my family from going to the second floor above us and killing everyone there," he said and the Boss glanced at the elevator, her hand still on her back, holding her gun.

"Until you tell the truth. I'm going to destroy your entire empire from the ground up," he said and her breathing began to quicken.

"You can't," she hissed and he shook his head, chuckling. He looked maniac now. As if at any moment he would burst with laughter and kill everybody still alive in the room. There was a psychotic glint in his deep brown eyes that sent a chill throughout the entire city. The News reporters outside all pointed cameras at him. Capturing the scene.

Yet the man's expression never changed.

He looked like the maniac he was rumored to be.

And she finally proved that they weren't rumors.

"Oh yes I can, and I will," he stated. His voice steady. So steady it scared her.
He walked forward until they were so close she could almost feel his grin.

"You know I'm right. And until you own up to your mistakes, this won't be our last meeting,"

He said and she closed her eyes when he leaned closer and put his head next to hers. He whispered only so she could hear.

"I'm going to level you from the ground up. I've killed everybody on the ground level of your precious Ministry," he whispered and she shuddered.

"And I'll keep going up a level. Every time. Until I get to you, Minerva McGonagall,"

She sneered. Opening her eyes when he took a step back. He grinned so broadly she felt like crumbling.

He was beaming and she was struggling to breath...

Blaise Zabini ran a hand through his short hair, smirking. The Devil stood before her, seeming to be on top of the world as he said the words that set the stage for a long awaited war.

"First is the worst, second is the best. Third is the one that'll burn a hole in your chest. Have a good day, Madam,"