Coworkers

I know it's Padma and not Parvati in the picture above but I like her more and they're twins. So technically they're supposed to look the same. Unless they're just sisters and my brain is farting...

I took a deep breath in, hitched my backpack over my shoulder and took my first step into the glass clad building as an official employee. Immediately, I was bombarded by a beautiful woman in an ivory and yellow pantsuit.

"Ronald Weasley. I never thought I'd see the day you get a job," said the woman and I cocked my eyebrow before realizing who I was talking to.

"I see you clean up well, Patil," I smirked and she grinned. "Well, follow me. I'm sure Mrs Vanderholden made you piss yourself during the interview. A dragon of  woman. Thankfully, I was assigned to show you around and introduce you to a few people." She said and I nodded, following her into the elevator. She was biting her lip. She looked nervous. Parvati took her phone out her pocket and stared at it as if she were about to cry before putting it back.
"You alright?" I asked her and she chuckled wearily. "My girlfriend, Lavender. I'm sure you remember her. I haven't heard from her yet. Oh, we're on this floor-"
I felt a sharp twinge of regret and guilt pierce my chest. Lavender had pleaded to live because of her girlfriend. I was watching. I could've stopped him. Surely Blaise would have let her live if I were to stop him? The world is smaller than I thought...

"And this is the I.T Office, where you'll be stationed with-"

Parvati was stopped mid sentence and I was shocked out of my trance when a bearded head popped out of the crack in the door to the Office Parvati was pointing at. The head had a dark, neatly trimmed beard, a sought of adorable chubby-ness to it and thick, brown hair.

"Neville?! You work here?!" I asked hysterically and he grinned. "Nope. But it's my day off at work and I had some time to kill before my boyfriend gets home." He grinned proudly and Parvati and I entered the office. He was beaming. "You have a boyfriend?" I inquired, shocked and his already rosy cheeks went a few shades darker. "Yeah, I do," he murmured and I stared down at him, an amused smile cascading my face. Parvati snorted. "Anyone I know?" Neville seemed to shrink back into himself and Parvati leaned over to my ear and whispered, "He's dating the  sexy Doctor who came here a few months ago for a meeting with the boss. Neville broke his briefcase and the doctor said he wouldn't have to pay for it if they got lunch," I burst out laughing and Parvati joined in my amusement. Neville however found none of this funny. 

"Oh laugh on!" He sneered, his ears and neck starting to match the shade of his checks.

"What's going on here?"

I whipped around and cocked an eyebrow. This was someone I did not recognize. "Hey Ernie. This is your new coworker, Ronald Weasley." The man furrowed his eyebrows and stared at me. His hair was dirty blonde and pulled into a man bun. His hazel eyes scanned me to every inch as he scratched the stubble on his chin. I raised my eyebrows slightly.

He didn't like me.

And it was obvious...

Not knowing what else to do, I held my hand out and smiled. "Ron Weasley, please to meet you mate." I said and he stared at my hand before staring at Neville, then Parvati, and finally back to me and my outstretched arm.
"I don't shake," he said bluntly and my eyes widened, putting my arm down. "Don't be so rude, Ern," Neville said Ernie sighed before rolling his eyes. "I'd love to stay, I really do. But Wiseburg has a bug in his laptop and the old bat is too close minded to try learn to take care of it himself like I taught him to. Excuse me," and with that, Ernie departed the I.T Office. I blew out a drawn breath and Parvati started laughing. "Such a stick in the mud. How is he your best friend, Nev?" She asked and Neville smiled a small smile, his eyebrows furrowed up. "You tell me,"

My first day of work was better than I expected. Parvati was especially helpful logging me into the system and setting up my half of the office. We obviously left Ernie's half. Though his side of the room was irritatingly plain, with only a single framed photo on his desk, next to his computer of a boy with dark, lucious hair and bright blue eyes, smiling at something past the camera.  After Parvati helped me, she had to get back to work so I was left alone with Neville and on the rare occasion, Ernie. I had much more fun than I intended seeing as Neville didn't work at Dream and it was only my first day, and it was mostly dedicated to settling myself in. And when I settle, I settle.

It was right after my settling when the door to the Office opened and I expected Parvati to be the one to walk in. However, I was sorely mistaken.

"Son?"