10.

(A/N - For you, baby. And I'm so sorry :/ )

That afternoon, they had spent hours in the palace library, looking through old photo albums in a special bookshelf dedicated to royal weddings from the past.

Paul hadn't been present in a library as large as this for atleast 5 years, however he and his mother used to spend hours in her own when he was little. She taught both him and Michael how to read and write, making sure he read almost every novel on the dusty shelves.

"My mother taught me to read..." Paul spoke, taking a single book of the shelf and blowing the dust from it.

"Oh, really?" The Prince asked, seeming intrigued.

"Yes." The Omega smiled, before chuckling to himself. "Her favourite book by far was wuthering heights, by Em-"

"Emily Brontë." Paul paused, before tilting his head to stare at John.

"Yes... How did you...?"

"My mother, it was her favourite book, also. I'm sure we have it somewhere, infact." Paul watched with excited and intrigued eyes as John began to scan the shelves. John must have been searching intensely for atleast 15 minutes, but in the end it was no use. "10,000 books in this entire library, 279 under the letter 'B', and yet it is not here..."

"It is okay..."

"No... I know we have it somewhere. My mother made sure we had a copy at every palace. One at her own, one at Victoria's..." It was at that point where his eyes lit up. "Goodness!"

"What is it?" Paul asked, growing rather concerned all of a sudden.

"Victoria, my sister. I am ever so sure she has a copy, you know?"

The Omega's eyes lit up.

"Oh, that's amazing!"

"And, the other good news is that we were due a visit to her anyway!" John smiled. "How about I schedule it for later this evening? We could have dinner with her and David... We could pick up the book too!"

Paul did feel like it would be a good opportunity to get to know the people who would be his future family. However, he was only just getting used to the rules of Aquitaine place. Victoria's palace was sure to have different rules, and Paul knew he was sure to slip up at some point.

However John was protective of him, Paul had learnt that much in the last 24 hours. He did not allow anybody to treat him like dirt, from ordinary press member, to his courtier... John wouldn't allow people at another house to treat him as such, would he?

Also, if John's sister was anything like him, she'd have just as kind of a heart as the Prince...

"That sounds great, John." He nodded, not wanting to seem disrespectful in any way. He'd caused John enough worry and probable stress, and so did not wish to cause any more.

"Perfect! I shall go and telephone her now. How about you call George and ask for him to dress you into your formalwear?" John suggested, and Paul nodded eagerly.

There was no further conversation, instead, John left the room, leaving Paul alone in the maze of a library.

-

"Is he nice to you, sir?" George asked as the boy ironed Paul's dark blue waist coat.

Paul had taken a seat on his bed, and was stroking Pyramus, who lay over his legs. The cat was barely awake, and Paul found it incredibly adorable.

"Prince John?"

"Yes." George chuckled. "Of course I mean Prince John."

"Oh..." Paul chuckled back. "Well he treats me very well... He requested the press ask me questions, requested that his courtier refer to me as anything but 'Omega'... In fact the only reason that we are even going to this evening dinner with his sister on such short notice is because he wishes to collect a book for me."