56.

25th December, Part 1

Sometimes, when John would wake up in a morning, he would just stare at Paul's sleeping face, taking in all his wonderful soft and natural features.

Recently, John had become an early bird. He no longer slept in past 9am, which was the opposite to Paul. Paul read a lot of books, from his mother's recommendation, and so getting lost in these books till the early hours of the morning meant he would wake at no earlier than 10:30am, unless provoked.

John never complained though. He loved waking up to the sleeping Prince Paul, getting to hear his soft snores and short breaths. Some days John would play with the sleeping boy's brown locks, his head on the boys neck as he listened with a smile. Paul always awoke with a small red blush on his face, highlighting his incredibly faint freckles.

John thought he was beautiful.

Christmas Day was no different, John woke up that morning at 7:30am, immediately greeted by a sleeping Paul, who was completely covered by his silk white sheets. He wore a Christmas nighty, with little white reindeer prints on a red background, and John just found it adorable.

He hated waking Paul, but it was the two's first Christmas together, and John was incredibly excited for his good morning kiss. He didn't wish to wake him, he wanted him to have some good rest, however he knew Paul wouldn't wish to sleep in on Christmas.

Before he could debate what to do for any longer, a knock on the door made the decision for him.

"Sir, sir!" A voice called immediately, the drawing room door closing.

John immediately sat up and turned around, feeling Paul stir a little beside him.

"What?" John groaned out, not shouting for Paul's sake, but loud enough to be heard from the drawing room. "Come in."

The door to Paul's room, where the two slept, was soon opened, a hyper looking George rushing in.

"Sir!"

"George?" John tilted his head, looking confused. Paul stirred again, more this time.

"Sir, I am terribly sorry to wake you but- It's snowing."

John's face fell.

"Really?" He asked, bluntly.

"Yes, oh, sir you must look!" George spoke, like an intrigued child.

"George, it's 7:30 am-" He cut himself off, closing his eyes and pursing his lips to take a deep breath. "On Christmas morning..."

"George?" A groggy voice was beside John, but just as the Alpha was about to sigh, a small kiss was placed on his lips.

So that's what a Christmas good morning kiss felt like.

"Sir, Paul, you must come and see the snow!"

"Snow?" Paul repeated, rubbing his eyes. "Christ, what time is it...?" He looked around the room for the time.

"7:30." John informed him.

"7:30..."

"Yes, snow!" George repeated, before rushing to the window. He made a gap in the venetian blinds with his hands and nodded forward. "Look, come here so you can see it!"