Part 22

*****--*****

Part 22

*****---****

Life couldn't be any better. Today she felt satisfied. She had accomplished something she wouldn't have thought of. Babuji was home recovering quickly, her Amma and Buaji were content. Her Jiji was as satisfied as she was. Both were doing great.

..

There was another thing to be happy about. Very happy indeed. Payal had struck a deal with the fancy hospital canteen manager and they were all excited about it. Being an expensive hospital, it only meant good quality work and good money. They were to provide variety of nutritious food, all catering to the specific needs of different patients. This would definitely help with their loan. She had it all sorted. In her head of course.

..

"How are you Aman ji?" Khushi tried to make small talk and send texts to Payal, while sat waiting for ASR to finish his meeting. Now what did he want from her? Only yesterday she had met.

Coming out from the conference room, Arnav headed straight to Aman's cabin. Somehow he knew she would be there. With a silly little grin on his face, he went straight in front of her. "Hi"

Aman looked on with eyes like saucers. "Was this this ASR, who had just fired him half an hour ago for not getting the papers ready."

Oh God. Is this the same man who never ever stretched his lips, now smiling? Awkwardly getting up from her seat Khushi wished him "Hello sir, You had some work?"

Old grumpy Arnav was back again. Arnav saw Aman, who by now had looked away, lest he gets fired again.

"Aman, are the papers ready? Get the paperwork to my cabin" looking at Khushi, he called her , "come to my cabin"

"Aman, can you call the canteen to send me something." Aman relaxed, but soon Arnav turned again "And yes, a hot coffee too."

..

*****--*****

On the other side of the office, another couple sat. Seriously discussing the terms and regulations. Meeting him at the temple, Payal had mentioned about the contract to Akash. He of course had gladly offered his help in drafting the contract papers.

"No Payal ji, don't commit for too many things straight away. If they do come up with the extra requests, you can add them later with a separate charge. That way, the charges will be more clear and specific at both ends."

Payal didn't say much, but blindly changed whatever he mentioned. There was no second thought in her mind when he was giving advice.

She was happy their friendship was blossoming. Neither did Akash make any advances nor did she encourage any other thoughts or feelings. Payal had got the taste of freedom, now she thought of herself as a business woman. But both seemed to be happy in each others company. He gave her the confidence she needed to face the world. Payal wondered, how she would manage without his help and still how much she had to learn the secrets of the trade to survive in this expensive place. But she was eager to learn and progress.

****--*****

"So, Khushi " Arnav paused to get her attention. As expected , Khushi looked up to straight into his eyes.

After a brief pause, Arnav continued. "Is your dad settled at home now."

She didn't want to discus anything personal, at the same time she couldn't be rude either. Simply nodding a yes, "Anjali ji told me you have something important to discuss."