Part 4

Part 4

"Khushi ji, you can't go alone at this time, I will drop you." Akash was once again, trying to persuade her to take a lift. Even though he had mentioned several times that she was like a sister to him, she didn't think it looked right. Especially when one has a brother like ASR.

"Akash ji, I have asked my neighbour to pick me, please get back to the party and enjoy. And thanks Akash ji for all the help you have done" she knew it was her last day. Before she could finish, Payal texted her to come out. "My sister is on her way to pick me. She had came along with Happyji, since she had to buy saree materials for her Buaji."

Once in a life time chance, Akash wouldn't let go. "Khushi ji, will you not introduce me". Fidgeting with the Pallu of her saree, "Arun will be waiting for his mama, may be next time Akash ji... " she tried to avoid getting very familiar with the Raizadas.

"Oh no I insist."

Colour rose on Payals face as soon as she saw who her sister was coming with. "Akash ji aap, yahan. (Aakash ji, you, here)"

"Jiji, you know him? Anjali ji's brother?"

Colour drained out of Payals face. Facing him "You are that Akash, Khushi kept mentioning? You are Akash Raizada?"

Stroking his perfectly gelled hair, Akash smiled sheepishly. "How are you Payal? "

Payal never imagined the soft spoken, bespectacled man whom she had met at the market was Akash Raizada. Khushi did mention about Anajli's brother Akash, but she didn't think they were the same.

Recovering from her shock, she replied, "I'm fine Akash ji, I wasn't aware you were... anyway," turning to Khushi, "Khushi, we need to leave, its already late."

The journey home was unusually quiet for both the sisters. Payal deep in her thoughts. Why was there a hollow feeling in her heart. How, for the last few days, she eagerly went to market and even the temple with the hope of bumping into the spectacled man. If only she knew he was a Raizada. People belonging to high society, with hefty bank balances. It was never going to be. Period. Guilt rose in her heart for even thinking in such lines when it has only been a few weeks for her broken marriage.

Reminiscing the events from the past few days, Khushi was gloomy and busy thinking about managing the household . She had arranged a few jobs here and there, but nothing substantial. Anjali ji had been kind in paying her separate for arranging the party. With her immense faith in her Devi maiyya, she knew they would get on.

*************************************

It was almost late evening, when Khushi pulled her Amma along, and finally reached Anjali's place. Even though Garima was excited to meet her friend, the difference in social status had created a mental barrier. However all her apprehension was soon gone when Greta greeted with all smiles and made sure Garima didn't feel out of place. Both friends were left alone and they laughed, cried and spoke, all at the same time, like they had never separated.