Part 6

Part 6

"Employ whom?" came the reply from the door. Jaws dropped. Both Akash and Anjali stared at the door.

No sooner had they got over the shock, they heard a loud and cheerful, "Namaste Anjali ji..."Khushi stood at the door with her mouth open, eyes as big as saucers...

"Hawww how can you be here", obviously Khushi wasn't thinking what she was saying. In her flustered state, she didn't see Arnav pulling his hands off Lavanya who went inside to meet Anjali and Akash.

Arnav stared at Khushi. She would have been completely drenched, if the autowala hadn't been kind enough to drop her till the gate, but Anjali's mansion was still huge. She had to make a run to the door from the gate.

Arnav turned with anger

"Ms.Gupta, if your pea sized brain has forgotten, this is my sisters house and I should be asking you that question. You haven't still stopped coming have you?" Arnav hissed bending towards her face.

Arnav was transfixed for a moment. It had been ages since he had seen her. She looked pale and thin. He looked into the minute details of her facial expressions, surprise, concern and colour rising to her cheeks with anger....

Khushi too had had her fill. She felt relaxed seeing him after 4 weeks and 3 days. Nope she wasn't counting, she just knew. He looked pale and thin. Obviously, no ghar ka Khana (home food) .

Khushi stepped back to create a distance, his proximity intoxicating.

"Yes I too have come to meet your Anjali ji. I have no wish to speak to you." Khushi replied with equal fervour. She walked inside royally ignoring him, muttering to herself "laad governor, he thinks he can scare everyone. Mmmph not this Khushi kumari gupta"

Arnav clenched his jaw. "how dare you.." he marched ahead to give her a piece of his mind, when,

"Baby, look how cute Anjali has knit this..." Lavanya cooed.

Khushi turned back with a confused look. Arnav gave an irritated look at Lavanya before turning back to Khushi. Khushi immediately turned away and walked over to Anjali. Luckily Arnav got distracted by the phone.

"Khushi ji, what a surprise, we were just talking about you Isn't it Akash?" she gave a cheeky smile to Akash who was almost blushing.

"Sorry Anjali ji, I wanted to call you before I started, but got busy, then when I left, my phone had no charge... anyway, I won't take much time. Here is your Sheermal. " Khushi opened the huge dabba and handed over to Anjali.

Thrilled to the extremes, Anjali literally jumped. "Oh Khushi ji, you have made my day.. Akash, get me a plate..."

"Di" Akash gave a shocked look, "you were just saying you were full?"