𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 // 𝐫𝐞𝐤𝐢 𝐤𝐲𝐚𝐧 [𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞]

‗ ❍ 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄; 𝐑𝐄𝐊𝐈 𝐊𝐘𝐀𝐍 ¡! ❞
˗ˏˋ 𝘁𝘆𝗽𝗲; 𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘀𝘁 'ˎ˗
︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

‗ ❍ 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄; 𝐑𝐄𝐊𝐈 𝐊𝐘𝐀𝐍 ¡! ❞˗ˏˋ 𝘁𝘆𝗽𝗲; 𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘀𝘁 'ˎ˗︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

FIGHTING, PART ONE; REKI

as of recently, you'd been growing a lot more confident in your skating, which wasn't a bad thing, but you were also becoming slightly reckless, too. it scared your boyfriend, reki, to see you attempt such baffling tricks, especially so soon. his heart always skipped a beat every time you fell, and he'd immediately be at your side, scanning his eyes over your body to check for any injuries. you'd brush him off and tell him you were fine, even if your body ached in protest.

it all changed one day when you got a little too excited and fell backward off of your skateboard, your head clashing with the hard ground. you were knocked unconscious, bruises instantly forming all over your body.

reki gasped, sprinting over to you without any regard for himself of the people around him. he scooped you into his arms, brushing your hair out of your face to reveal your closed, tired eyes.

his breath hitched in his throat, unsure of what to do. panic overcame him and irrational thoughts filled his head. he frantically pulled out his phone and dialed for an ambulance, his terrified eyes never leaving you.

that's how you ended up in the hospital, a bandage wrapped around your head and plasters littering your arms.

after being checked out by the doctors, they confirmed that you had suffered a minor concussion, but other than that, you were totally fine. when reki received the news, he felt as though he could finally breathe again, his lungs filling up with fresh air. you were okay.

he collected you from the hospital and had walked you home, not saying a word.

the silence was deafening.

the minute the two of you made it to his bedroom, you sighed, taking a seat on his bed and leaning your head against the headboard. reki walked over to the window, silently peering out of it.

you couldn't decipher exactly what he was feeling. was it anger? upset? panic? annoyance?

he was truly unreadable when it came to negative feelings, but you knew something wasn't right.

"reki... what's wrong?" you asked, your voice slightly hoarse from the scream you had let out when you hit the ground.

"what's wrong?" he repeated, "you're what's wrong."

he kept his eyes straight forward, not looking back at you. sighing, you glanced at him, realizing what was wrong with the boy.

"look, it was an accident," you told him, face solemn. "yeah, an accident that could've cost you your life," he argued back, gritting his teeth.

"but it didn't. i'm right here, reki."

"but what if it did? what if you hit your ground so hard that it killed you? what would i do?"

"reki-"

"i can't lose you too!" he suddenly screamed, turning to face you. tears were streaming down his flushed cheeks, eyes filled with desperation and worry.

your face softened at his futile expression.

you'd never seen him like this. and it hurt. it hurt really bad.

"you won't lose me. i promise you, i'm stronger than you think," you assured him, trying to keep your voice low. "y/n, you got concussed-"

"it was minor!"

"SAME THING!"

he let out a sob, falling to the ground before you. you were at his side immediately.

"please... please just be more careful. i can't see you hurt again. i can't. it hurt so bad. for a second, i thought you were dead, and i can't- i can't go through that again-"

you cut him off, wrapping your arms around his shoulders and enveloping him in the most loving hug you could ever manage.

he hugged you back, pressing his face into your shoulder and just bawling. he clung to you for dear life, his tears dampening your shared hoodie. "okay," you said, closing your eyes. "okay, i promise. i'll be more careful."

he let out a shuddered breath of relief, your words easing the pain in his chest. his panicked breathing eventually slowed, feeling your hands trace circles onto his back.

the two of you sat there for a while, eventually ending up with him sat between your legs, cuddling into your shoulder whilst you gently wound your fingers through his hair.

from then on, you stuck to your word. you wore protection, and attempted tricks in a way that was safe and secure. you didn't refuse his help anymore and instead accepted it, and gladly at that.

it warmed his heart to see you improve so quickly, and he reminded you daily of how awesome he thought you were. in the end, he just wanted you to be safe, for him.

. . . .

i've decided to turn this preference request into a oneshot series! this is part one, with reki, i'm so soft for him at this point 🥺

low-key simping for him it's not even funny

let me know who you'd like next; and if you want, you can even suggest what they might argue about! thank you for reading! <3

©ILV6MIYA