Part 9

Izuku waited in the lobby for Aizawa to finish whatever it was he was doing.
Fast, heavy footsteps approached him. It was the fast, square guy who Izuku didn't remember the name of.

“Midoriya, I have something I need to ask you.” his fingers were stuck together as he chopped the air while asking.

“What is it?”
“Do you know anything about the hero killer Stain? there is something I must do.” a scowl spread on his face as he spoke.

“Uhhh, pretty much the only thing I know is that he likes to hide in alleyways.”

He left with just a small “thank you”. Izuku noticed his fist clenching in rage as he walked away.
He’s going to do something stupid, isn’t he?’

Aizawa came, and they walked off to the car. Just' before they got in, he placed the metal bracelet back onto Izuku's wrist.

“So, did you do anything interesting during the festival?”
“Not really.” Izuku thought about telling him about the pin, and the strange raven lady, but decided against it.

When they got back to the house, Izuku rushed to his room and examined the pin.
He rolled the small piece of metal in his fingers. The blue eye seemed to stare deep into his soul, a heavy feeling rested in him. “What does this mean?”

“Izuku, food is ready!” he got up, and hid the pin under his mattress.
He didn't know why, but he felt the need to make sure no one else knew that he had it.

Two plates of spaghetti sat on the table. After a bit of eating, Aizawa spoke.
“So, you've been here for a few weeks, how are you handling your new life?”

Izuku stopped eating. He thought about the question for longer than he expected.

“It's... been strange, but I like it, I don't know if this is a type of Stockholm Syndrome, or if I actually do like you guys, its kinda weird not having to worry about my life… but no matter how much I like this, I-i still miss the villains.”

Large wells of tears began to fall from his eyes as he spoke.
All the emotions and thoughts that he had pent up over the last few weeks came spewing out of his mouth.
“And most of all I miss Kurogiri, he was practically my dad, and there's something else nagging at the back of my mind like I'm forgetting something important, but I just don't know what it is.”
“hey,” Aizawa put his hand on Izuku's shoulder, snapping him out of his ramble.
“Just breathe, I can't promise much, but I'm going to try to help you with this, but I need you to calm down and talk calmly.”

He gave Izuku a moment to breathe and calm down.
“Now, what is it that you think you're forgetting?”
Izuku fiddled with his fingers while he tried to remember and recount what he thought he forgot.

“Well, I've noticed a lot in my dreams, I'm in a big facility, but the dreams always feel so real and too detailed to just be my own imagination. Consciously I don't remember that place, but in the back of my mind I know that I was there.”

Aizawa scratched the back of his neck.
“I'll ask around if anyone knows about an illegal facility, for now, I want you to finish eating, and try to relax.”

After they finished eating, Aizawa went to his home office to grade some papers while Izuku watched some TV. He tried to relax, but his mind kept going back to the league, and what Kurogiri asked him to do.
I don't even know if I can do that anymore.’ midway through a flex tape infomercial, he fell asleep.

The next morning, Izuku woke up in his own bed.
“How did I get here?” he looked around in confusion “oh well.”

On the drive to the school, Aizawa spoke.
“So I've made some calls. None of my contacts know anything about a villain facility, so I've called in someone with a memory quirk to help. She should be able to find the location.”

When the class started, one thing was apparent, Iida wasn't himself, he wasn't keeping the order like he usually did; he was spacy.
Izuku knew the look in his eyes, he's seen it so many times before on Shigaraki’s face just before he did something, he was plotting something that he knew wasn't legal.

His thoughts were snapped back to the class when everyone got excited at what Aizawa had said

“I'll have you all go and work under heros to get work experience, for those of you who have gotten nominations from pro heroes may choose, the others will be assigned to a hero. But before that, you will all be picking hero names for yourselves.”

As everyone got excited, and tried coming up with hero names for themselves, Iida simply stared at his board.
It was clear he had a name in mind, but he erased it, instead putting down his own name.
When he went back to his seat, Izuku realized. ‘Crap, I haven't thought of a name yet.’
He racked his brain trying to come up with one.
Eventually he just decided to settle on the only nickname he ever had, other than ‘useless nomu’ that one didn't seem like a good hero name.

He wrote “Deku” on the board.
He kept his eyes on Iida all throughout the school day. Throughout all their other classes, he was still distracted.

“Hey Izu, why do you keep looking at Iida like that?” Mina asked him during lunch.
“He's planning something, I just know it.”

That night, a breaking news event showed on the tv, fire ran through one on the streets, human like forms terrorized citizens.
He knew what they were, and seeing them again sent shivers down his spine.
From the door, Izuku heard Aizawa yell out.
“Izuku I'm leaving, there's a big disaster that I need to help with.”

He rushed over, not even taking the time to turn off the screen.
“I'm coming too.”
“no, no you're not.”

He turned to leave, but Izuku grabbed onto his scarf.
“Either you take me with you, or I find a way to leave on my own.” Aizawa glared at the stubborn boy, sighed, and spoke
“Fine, you can come, but stay out of the way.” a hiss of anger stuck in his voice.

They drove over to the disaster.
In one of the allies, he saw a hulking figure standing over someone, and only a few blocks away, Iida ran towards them.

The second the car stopped, Izuku ran out towards the ally.
“WAIT IZUKU. Shit.” Aizawa moved to go get him, but was stopped by a brainless, hulking creature who stood in front of him.

When Izuku got about ten meters away from Aizawa, a searing pain spread through his body from the bracelet.
He held his jaw shut and tried not to scream out in pain.
Come on, I can handle this, Shigaraki has done worse, you can take this.’

He continued running to the alley where he found the hero killer Stain standing over Iidas armored body. Blood from him and the other hero stained the ground red.