Chapter 1: The End of YGGDRASIL

(Warning: Any images used within this fanfiction are not my own work, except for the character sheet of my OC, Lord Hasutā no Kokoro. )

(Warning: I do NOT own Overlord or the characters, the only characters I own are Hasutā no Kokoro and Arachnias. I recommend watching the anime and reading the light novels in order to understand the events that may change within this story.)

[......]
= Spells/Skills/Items

[......] = Notification/Information

{......} = Message spell

(......) = A shift in time

"......" = Characters talking

Text =
Character in deep thought/monologue

Within the DMMO-RPG known as YGGDRASIL, there existed a powerful guild that was considered the most evil, and impenetrable, guild base within the game. Many players have attempted to infiltrate the tomb of evil and prejudice, however none have ever made it past the 5th floor due to the powerful NPCs that inhabit every level of the tomb. This guild was known as Ainz Ooal Gown, and contained 41 members who all belonged to the heteromorphic race.

The guild of Ainz Ooal Gown was extremely overpowered due to the many high-level players who helped to defend it, and the guild leader Momonga, who was a skilled strategist, managed to overcome all obstacles that attempted to overthrow the guild.

Throughout the years, Momonga and his comrades slayed many powerful foes, both players and raid bosses alike, and further increased the popularity of their guild to the point that they reached the top 5 of the strongest guilds in YGGDRASIL.

However, as time went by, many of Momonga's friends began to leave the guild due their real life issues, and Momonga was left alone. Worst of all, the most heart-wrenching event was soon to occur....

(Present Day...)

YGGDRASIL was about to shut down, and Momonga was sitting alone in the guild meeting room. So far, none of his old friends had logged on to say farewell to YGGDRASIL, and Momonga was slowly becoming more distressed as time went by.

 So far, none of his old friends had logged on to say farewell to YGGDRASIL, and Momonga was slowly becoming more distressed as time went by

However, as Momonga had began to lose hope, he heard a loud *ping!* from his personal guild chat. As Momonga checked his chat room to see what the notification was, he soon felt a large flow of relief from his heart as he read what the message was....

[Hero-Hero has logged on....]

As Momonga finished reading the notification, he saw a large flash of light appear at one of the other grand chairs that surrounded the white marble table. When he raised his head and gazed upon the light, he was met with a familiar blue slime that oozed a mysterious liquid which drooped upon the chair. This ooze was Hero-Hero, and old friend of Momonga with the appearance of a dark blue slime.

"Hero-Hero!" Momonga yelled at his oozing friend, with excitement and anticipation in every word that left his throat. He was happy to see one of his friends finally accepted his email and returned to the guild.