Chapter 3: The Guardians

(Warning: Any images used within this fanfiction are not my own work, except for the character sheets of my OCs, Lord Hasutā no Kokoro and Arachnias. )

(Warning: I do NOT own Overlord or the characters, the only characters I own are Hasutā no Kokoro and Arachnias. I recommend watching the anime and reading the light novels in order to understand the events that may change within this story.)

[...] = Spells/Skills/Items

[...] = Notification/Information

{...} = Message spell

(...) = A shift in time

"......" = Characters talking

Text =
Character in deep thought/monologue

Both lords, Momonga and Hasutā, watched as the large cryptid known as Arachnias descended upon the floor of the fighting arena, and bestowed a small bow towards her creator, whilst providing  a spectral glare towards the draped skeleton that stood alongside him.

However, as Hasutā quickly offered Arachnias a petrifying glare of his own, the cryptid was quick to comply with both lords while standing up once more. Nonetheless, Hasutā could still sense Arachnias' aspiration to tare Momonga to pieces, and was pervaded with repulsion.

Hasutā: "So Arachnias, you've finally arrived..."

Arachnias: "Yes, my master."

Hasutā: "Your 'master'?"

Arachnias: "...."

Arachnias fell silent at Hasutā's remark as she felt a surge of anger dwelling within her soul. However, she did not feel such emotion towards her creator -it would be blasphemous to hold such negative emotions towards her master- but rather towards the ignorant being that was standing beside him; Momonga.

Yet, her true master wanted Arachnias to show loyalty and respect towards the undead, something she outwardly despised. After all, Momonga was far weaker compared to Hasutā, so why should he hold the title of 'Guild Master'?  However, she had to obey her lord's will, even if she wishes to see the annoying lich's head on a spike.

Arachnias: "Of course, apologies my....masters."

Hasutā: "Good."

Though Hasutā could still sense the disdain emanating from his creation, he gave a short nod before shifting his gaze towards Momonga. Yet, when he stared at the undead, he could feel the amount of tension within his soul being directed towards the large arachnid, and so Hasutā thought it best to change the subject.

Hasutā: "Nevertheless, we must wait for the other floor guardians to arrive before we begin with our meeting. It is of the utmost importance that we-!"

Before the lord of mania could finish his statement, he suddenly felt a large force applied to his body, and lowered his gaze towards its source; a small, giddy vampire stood directly in front of him, grasping his grotesque chest as though it held the secrets to the world.

Hasutā couldn't help but wail in response as he quickly realised who the strange vampire was, before stiffening his posture and reinforcing his authority over the woman. However, this appeared to be one of the worst responses Hasutā could have possibly offered the petite vampire girl...

Hasutā: "Shalltear, what the hell are you doing?"

Shalltear: "Oh, My lord!~ The one who I can never rule above; my eternal beloved!~ "

Overlord: Sovereign of ManiaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara