Chapter 4: Carne Village

(Warning: Any images used within this fanfiction are not my own work, except for the character sheets of my OCs, Lord Hasutā no Kokoro and Arachnias. )

(Warning: I do NOT own Overlord or the characters, the only characters I own are Hasutā no Kokoro and Arachnias. I recommend watching the anime and reading the light novels in order to understand the events that may change within this story.)

[...] = Spells/Skills/Items

[...] = Notification/Information

{...} = Message spell

(...) = A shift in time

"......" = Characters talking

Text =
Character in deep thought/monologue

Ever since arriving in the New World, Hasutā had spent most of his free time traversing the floors of the Great Tomb of Nazarick; though the Lord of Mania had a very efficient memory, he still managed to forget certain chunks of data between all ten floors within the tomb. However, whenever Hasutā decided to take a short walk or get some fresh air, the NPCs would instantly break down out of fear for their lord's safety. The result of this unforeseen response from the loyal NPCs was Hasutā giving in to their demands, allowing at least one member of the Pleiades to accompany him on ventures beyond Nazarick's walls.

Hasutā was feeling immensely frustrated from the overprotective tendencies of his friends' NPCs. Don't get the Lord of Mania wrong, he was unimaginably thankful for the love and support protruding from his servants, and their desire to ensure his safety. However, the lack of privacy and freedom within his own life -or rather his new life- was almost enough to suffocate the amber-ridden heteromorph.

Hasutā: Why do they always insist on following me!? I'm just searching the forests near the tomb, what's the problem!?

Narberal: "Is something bothering you, my lord?"

Hasutā: *Sigh* Ah, yes. I'm stuck dealing with HER.

Hasutā was being guarded by Narberal Gamma, one of the older sisters of the Pleiades Battle Maids. Though Narberal was considered to be extremely well-disciplined, as well as intelligent, the Lord of Mania still couldn't comprehend why he even NEEDED the young woman guarding him in the first place.

Hasutā was a player who could take on legions of Lv100 enemies all at once and walk away victorious, whilst still maintaining over 95% of his HP. Not to mention that any warrior-based player that decided to fight the heteromorphic creature would instantly lose due to his immunity to all physical attacks. Overall, Hasutā was practically un-killable, and his ability to cast almost all World-Level items from YGGDRASIL in the form of basic spells made the king in yellow untouchable. 

Yet even though the entirety of Nazarick were quite knowledgeable regarding Hasutā's power, they still forced a member of the Pleiades to accompany him during his travels. The Lord in Yellow knew who the main dictator of this unethical decision was, the one person who held enough power within the Great Tomb to enforce such orders upon the other NPCs...

...Albedo, the Overseer of the Floor Guardians.

In all honesty, Hasutā knew that the perky Succubus would attempt to shelter him from the inhabitants of the New World. After all, Tabula altered her character bio a few years ago before he left, stating that Albedo viewed the towering monstrosity as her true father. The settings-maniac also mentioned that she wants to gain the love and approval of Hasutā over anything else, which most likely included her love for Momonga. 

Why did Tabula choose to do this? Hasutā had absolutely no idea. The Brain Eater was well-known for his unprecedented nature as a settings maniac, and most members of Ainz Ooal Gown sometimes felt extremely worried for the man's mental health. Of course, the overgrown squid always pushed these concerns aside and played ignorant to it all, which ironically made people worry for him more.