- Chapter Nine -

George POV:

Clays hiding something from me. Though its not like I'm any better. It's now 10:28pm and we've only just settled down. We had to move some stuff around, including the coffee table. I tried my best to move it and wouldn't allow Clay to help saying 'you're sick so let me do it' each time he tried to move it for me. But eventually I gave up with trying to move it, sulking when Clay had to do it instead, even though I didn't want him to. I'm slightly slouching with my arms over my chest trying to be annoyed, although its hard when Clays beside me, trying to make me laugh. "Georgeee, don't be mad at me" Clay pouts, crossing his arms over his chest, mimicking me. I side eye him, then huff, turning the other way. I see him thinking for a moment from the corner of my eye. Then he stops and just stares at me. After a few moments of him not looking away, I tut then roll my eyes towards him "What do you want?" I say, trying to sound angry. Instead of answering me, he just stays put and continues to stare at me, not breaking the eye contact.

I feel myself becoming slightly nervous, but I don't look away from his gaze. I don't want to be the one to break first. Something shifts in his eyes suddenly and I raise my eyebrows at him, confused. Before I could say anything, Clay tackles me to the floor, instantly pinning my arms above my head. His body is practically laying completely over mine and I feel my face flush from the warmth he is giving off. Clay pulls his head back up to face me. I quickly turn my face away to try and hide my flustered cheeks. However, of course it doesn't work. I watch as a smirk make its way to Clays face and he lets go of my hands with his left hand and brings it down to my waist, still holding onto my hands with his right. I would be lying if I said I didn't like it, but I try not to think about it. "C-Clay what are you doing-" my breath gets caught in my throat as Clay digs his fingers into my sides. My choked laughter fills the room as he continues tickling me all over. "S-Stop tickling me idiot" I say between short breaths. "Never!" He says laughing like a maniac. Eventually, he lets go of my hands above my head to bring his right hand down to tickle me even more, but soon realises his mistake.

I use all my power, which wasn't a lot, to push him off of me. Clay tumbles to the side, giggling, whilst trying to catch his breath even though he wasn't the one who was just attacked. I lay there trying to catch back my breath. "What" I say breathlessly "Was that" I finish. I turn to the side to a already smiling Clay staring back at me. "Well, it made you smile didn't it" he said. Although my sides still hurt, I can't help but beam at him. "Yeah yeah whatever. You could've made me smile using a different method though! Now my sides hurt" I whine, rubbing up and down my waist. Clay chuckles from beside me "I could've but where's the fun in that?" He murmurs, a smirk still apparent on his dumb face. I roll my eyes again at him for the millionth time tonight and sit into a seating position. Clay stays laying down, his eyes staring up at the ceiling. He coughs into his arm, grunting slightly. I instinctively place my hand on his forehead. He's still burning up. "Your head is still really warm, Clay. How are you feeling, would you like me to get you more medicine?" I ask, without moving my hand from the top of his head.

He ponders for a second, then glances to my hand still resting on his forehead. I quickly remove it, forgetting that it was there in the first place. "Sorry" I whisper awkwardly. Clay just chuckles "Don't worry. And yes, if you can please get me some medicine? I'm still feeling pretty rough" He says, pouting dramatically. "Of course you big baby" I laugh then stand up. It takes him a second to realise what I just said. "Hey!" Clay yells, but before he can do anything else I'm already out the fort.

Once I'm back, I see Clay already snuggling into the pillows and the blankets around him. His eyes are closed but I don't think he's asleep just yet. "Clay" I say softly. He hums in response, flipping over to face where I am. I kneel in front of him, holding the water in one hand and the pills in the other. "Sit up and take your medicine and then we can go to sleep, yeah?" I question. He nods and sits up, rubbing his eyes. "How did you get so sleepy all of the sudden, you were just wide awake not 5 minutes ago" I laugh. He chuckles gently and shakes his head, before taking the water and pills out of my hands, swallowing them. He passes me the water then flips back down.

I look for my phone and put it on charge then I collect a extra blanket since Clay stole the other one. The one I have isn't very thick or large so I guess I'll just have to be cold tonight. "I guess we're not going to watch a movie tonight them hm?" I ask jokingly. "You can put one on if you want, but I've kinda got a headache if I'm being honest" he winces. "Okay, that's fine. I kinda like the quiet anyway" I whisper, trying to keep my tone as low as possible for Clays sake.

We both stay silent after that, the only thing that can be heard is Clays somewhat heavy breathing from his blocked nose. I shiver from the coldness but there is nothing I can do, other than deal with it. "You cold?" I hear from beside me. "Mhm, a bit. Do you have like an extra blanket I can grab" I ask. Clay shakes his head and shuffles closer to me. "We can just share this one, it will be warmer then just one blanket anyways" he says, wrapping me with his blanket, as well as himself.

He gets even closer to me. I can feel his warm breath against my cheeks. "Here, now we have an equal amount of blanket" Clay says, tiredly slurring his words. I move down a bit so I can snuggle closer into his chest. I feel him tense up a bit, then completely relax. I chuckle at his reaction "Like you said, homies cuddle homies" I giggle. Clay doesn't say anything and releases a small sigh. "You're right" he whispers while wrapping his arms around me, pulling me even closer into his chest.

Warmth explodes into my stomach at the feeling of Clay holding me. However, like always I choose to ignore it. It's probably for the best not to think too much into it. "Night Georgie" Clay mumbles. I tiredly grin, even though he can't see me. "Night Clay".