- Chapter Thirteen -

Clay POV:

"I still can't get over the fact your cats name is literally Cat" I scoff in disbelief, glancing to where Cat is placed in Georges lap. He shakes his head at my comment and continues to pet Cat, cooing every now and then. "Well you better start getting used to it, after all he's coming to live with you now" George says smugly, turning to look at me with his stupid, adorable,  know-it-all grin. I playfully roll my eyes at his remark, turning my gaze back to the road as the light begins to turn green.

"Oh yeah?" I ask, challenging his words, taking yet again another glance at him. I watch as a pink tint rushes to his cheeks. Hm, I caused that. I giddily think to myself. "I mean yeah- you invited us to-" I cut him off "I invited you to come stay with me, I don't know how Patches will feel about  having another cat around". George must realise I'm joking with him by now "Yeah, well too bad. I guess we'll just have to kick Patches out. I'm not going anywhere without my beloved Cat" He responds sarcastically. I gasp dramatically, bringing my hand to my heart for extra effect "I can't believe you would kick Patches out, maybe inviting you to stay at mine was a bad idea..." I trail off. George chuckles then slaps my shoulder. I yelp "Ow! What was that for?" I ask, turning to him for what feels like the 100th time in the past 5 minutes. He stares at me, fondness clear in his eyes. "Eyes on the road idiot".

-time skip woooooo-

We arrive at Georges 'studio' building in no time. If I'm being honest, I would never have guessed his band would have a whole building for themselves; maybe a garage, or a hall they hired at most. Obviously, me having no idea where I'm going, George is leading the way. I've met Tyler and Phoenix before but only when George had a few of his friends round his apartment the day he moved in. They seemed like pretty chill guys when I first spoke to them so hopefully they haven't changed. 

"It's just through here, sorry it's a tad confusing" George exclaims, his accent prominent in his voice. I nod my head and hum, leaving that as my only response. We get to a door that reads 'Triadic' on the front. George knocks then slowly opens the door, revealing the two other band members, lazily slouched on the old looking sofa and a very frustrated looking woman pacing around, talking on the phone.

"George! We've been waiting for you!" The woman says hanging up the phone, her voice sounding angrier with every word. I'm about to cut in, before George beats me to it "Waiting for me?" He asks, sounding almost just as confused as I am. Tyler laughs and I see Phoenix shake his head with amusement. "I have been trying to call you for hours, what have you been doing?" She responds, her voice slightly calmer than before. "Sorry, it was my fault-" I attempt to say, not wanting to get George into trouble. George waves his hand in front of me, dismissing what I have to say "Sorry Karis, my phone is on silent" He says, laughing to lighten the mood. The woman- Karis tuts and turns away to lean on the counter. 

"Hey man" Tyler stands and and does one of those awkward bro hugs with me. I go along with it and hear George snort behind me. I throw a playful glare his way, then pay my attention to Phoenix who is also coming towards me. "How are you doing Clay?" He asks, patting my back. "I'm good, not a lot going on right now" I admit, taking a seat on the other sofa, while George fusses around with Cats cage. Once he's done, he comes and takes a seat next to me. "So George" Karis breaks the silence "How is your dad doing?" She asks. Great way to make a conversation, Karis. George takes in a shaky breath "Yeah uh- he's good. Well I mean, he's the same as usual- just more tired I guess.." He says, his voice getting smaller and smaller. The room is silent for a moment before George speaks up again "Anyways, thats not really what I want to talk about" He awkwardly chuckles, trying his best to change the subject. 

"Right yes, of course" Karis says, pausing. "Well are you going to be staying for practice? Clay is more than welcome to watch" She offers, sending a warm smile our way. I smile gratefully then George speaks up "Yes okay- but before we start can I talk to you about something in private please?" He asks timidly, pinching his wrist harshly. I notice and reach out my hand to place it on top of his, stopping him from actually hurting himself. He turns his head harshly towards me then looks down to where our hands are and offers me a small smile, murmuring a small 'thank you'.

Karis hums "Yes, we can go outside for a minute. Boys, don't scare Clay alright?" She turns to the two other band members, pointing her finger between the two jokingly. Tyler groans whilst Phoenix only smirks at her comment, the two finally nodding. "Come on then George" Karis says, offering a comforting smile, heading towards the door. I face George "You going to be alright?" I ask, my hand still placed on top of his. He twists his hand so its holding mine now and squeezes it "I'll be fine Clay, I won't be long" He replies, standing up and following Karis out the door.

Tyler, Phoenix and I mess around for a bit. Them offering me a beer and me, of course, politely declining. It's been around 5 minutes since George left with Karis, we're now we're situated on one couch, me being in the middle of both of them. "Clay can I ask you something?" Phoenix speaks up. I hum in response. "Well uh- has George been alright recently? I know all the shit thats gone down with his dad, but I don't know, he just seems so...weak?" He says. I glare at him, taking a sip of my water while he swigs at his beer. George is anything other than weak. Phoenix seems to notice my harsh eyes, his eyes widening and quickly adds on "Not weak- that probably wasn't the best word" He chuckles, trying to save the conversation. "Not weak just on edge all the time" He finishes, scratching at the back of his neck. Tyler nods his head in agreement.

I sigh and bring my hands up to my eyes, rubbing them down my face. "I guess you could call it being 'on edge'" I mumble, thinking for a moment on what to say next "I don't think it's really my place to tell, George has a lot on his plate clearly and it's taking a really big impact on him and I don't think he realises it. It's his place to say or not, sorry" I awkwardly finish. Phoenix nods his head "Yeah, don't worry I understand" He replies, patting me on the back.

"Anyways" Tyler says, you could practically hear the smirk in his voice. "Is there something going on between you and Georgie-poo" He asks, pinching my cheek for affect. My eyes widen and I look anywhere besides the two boys teasing me. "Uh- I mean I don't think so? I mean no there isn't. W-Why'd you ask?" I try and smoothly recover but fail miserably. "Ooooo Clay has a crush~" Phoenix says, playing along with Tyler. I scoff which doesn't sound convincing one bit. "Okay fine, but please, please don't tell George. He can't know" I shamefully admit. After the boys are done with their playful giggles, Tyler speaks up again "Of course not man, we wouldn't do that" He says genuinely. I let out a sigh of relief. "Thanks guys" I respond gratefully. "I mean" Phoenix starts "I never said I would keep it a secret". Tyler and I both yelp "Phoenix!". We hear the door open and a small, cute, brunet walks in. 

"Whats going on in here?"

Sorry with the suckish updates, haven't had a lot of motivation recently but after reading your comments they have made me want to (hopefully) begin updating more frequently! thanks for the support <3