C H A P T E R 1

AWKWARD REUNIONS
"There is no mystery here, nothing to avenge. Nothing to solve, nothing like that"

Once those words left her mouth she immediately hung up the phone and ran around her small yet cozy cottage to search for the suitcase she hadn't used in years

Once those words left her mouth she immediately hung up the phone and ran around her small yet cozy cottage to search for the suitcase she hadn't used in years. she found it in the back of her storage closet and almost ran to her bedroom, she figured the first thing to do was pack but once she calmed down she figured she should probably call Diego.

Diego has been the only one that Svetlana has kept in touch with (reckon he has no idea where she actually is), they call at least once a month to make sure the other is alright and not dead. Diego is one of the only constant things in her life and it makes her happy to hear his voice when she's been woken up from nightmares or when she's just having a bad day.

Svetlana walks downstairs and picks up her phone dialing Diego's number. she hears it ring twice then finally picks up to hear one of her favourite voices.

"Svet, that you?" Diego asks because 1) Svetlana owns a rotary phone and 2) Diego keeps forgetting to save her number.

"Hey Di, it's me. you heard about dad, right?"

"Yeah, I heard about the old man. so, you coming home for the funeral? not that I'd expect you to or anything. i know it'll be hard to be back-" Diego rambles on, only to be cut off by Svet.

"Yeah, yeah I'm coming home Di. that's why I called you, I'm actually kinda scared cause i haven't been there for so long, you know"

"No actually, I have no idea Svet, cause I'm not the one who basically fell off the grid" Diego states matter-of-factly with a small chuckle in his tone, which makes Svet let put a small giggle.

"Yeah, yeah whatever Di, well I'll see ya, I've gotta pack and get on a long plane ride" Svet says

"Alright well, I'll see you soon, love you Svet" Diego sighs

"Love you too Di" and with that Svet hangs up and decides she can finally pack and get ready for an excruciatingly long plane ride.

~time skip~

The next day Svet's cab rolls up in front of the Hargreeve's residence and she's so anxious it's like its radiating off of her. she slowly opens the door of the cab and pulls out her more than a decade old suitcase with her. she pays the cab driver and watches him drive off, she waits a few seconds before spinning around on her heels and walking up to a place she called home for 18 years. It was one of the things that mad her the most nervous,

seeing everyone again.

Svetlana quietly walks into the home to see her two sisters sharing a heartwarming moment ending with a hug between the two. She watches as Diego walks in the room not even noticing the woman but makes snarky remarks towards both her sisters, he's about to walk up the stairs when Svet decides to get his attention.