C H A P T E R 5

Catching Up

"I'd love to meet her"

Svetlana woke up the next morning, just as the sun was rising, because in her words when the sun was up, she was up

Svetlana woke up the next morning, just as the sun was rising, because in her words when the sun was up, she was up. She quickly changed into a baggy pair of jeans and a random t-shirt she found hanging on a chair in her room, she grabbed the keys to the car off her nightstand and was ready to run downstairs when she heard voices from Allison's room.

"Well, you must be eager to see Claire." the voice that Svetlana recognised as Luther said.

"I didn't think it was possible to miss a person this much. But I've got some things I need to do before I can see her." Now Svetlana was intrigued so she slowly made her way to the door, trying not to make herself seen. "You know someday, I'd really... love for you to meet her."

"Me?" Luther asked, but it came out as more of a grunt and Svet put her hand over her mouth to hopefully muffle her chuckles.

"Yeah, you" Allison said with a chuckle. "Why not?"

"Well, does Claire even know about me?"

"What are you talking about? Of course she knows about you."

"I know, it's just that, when you left, it seemed like all you wanted to do was forget this place ever existed, so..."

"This place, yes. Not you."

There was now an eerily silence and because Svetlana is the nosy person she is, she decided to intervene in the conversation.

"What about me, does she know about me?" Svetlana asked, scaring both Luther and Allison because, well, neither of them realised their conversation was being listened to.

"Well, I- I just... you know... never really got around to that." Allison replied, in a nervous manner.

"Well, damn Allison, you tell your daughter about Space Boy over here and not your cool ass sorceress witch sister." She said the last part waving her fingers, letting the red aura surround them. "I am now offended."

"If you could not do this right now that would be awesome, we were kind of having a conversation, a private conversation for that matter." Luther bitterly retorted while Allison had some sort of smirk on her face, she couldn't tell if it was amusement from her dramatics or annoyance.

"Very sorry Chunky Monkey, I'll let you get back to your weirdly intimate thing you had going on here." Luther let out a huff at the new nickname she'd just given him.

"Oh, and Allison" Svetlana grabbed her attention.

"Yeah?" Allison replied, not knowing what to expect because with Svetlana you either get something heartfelt or witty and sarcastic.