C H A P T E R 8

Masked shooters

"Come at me you fucking creepy ass blue bear man

"Come at me you fucking creepy ass blue bear man."

Flashback

The alarm was blaring throughout the house, Diego ran through the halls, his top half still sporting the regular sweater vest and button-up shirt, the uniform on the bottom half.

"Coming through!" Allison exclaimed, rushing down the stairs. "Come on, Luther!" she called out.

"How will the Umbrella Academy ever become an effective crime deterrent if we can't even leave the house on time for missions?" Reginald scolded.

"Behind you!" Luther warned, running past his father.

"Come along, children! Come along!" Reginald yelled, clapping his hands as though it would make them move faster.

Grace went down the halls checking on all of her children, giving Allison back her mask, making sure Luther was ready, stopping by Vanya's room to listen to her play the violin, and putting out a fire in Klaus' room. Ben and Svetlana came running out of Ben's room, Ben's uniform half-zipped and Svetlana struggling to put on her mask.

"Oh, Ben." she sighed, coming up to help him.

"It-It's stuck." he said.

"I tried to help him, but it wouldn't budge." Svetlana stated, Grace just smiled and fixed Ben's zipper.

"Guys, wait for me." Ben called out, rushing down the hall. Grace went up to Svetlana who was still struggling to get her mask on.

"It won't go on." she said, getting frustrated with it.

"Here, let me help you." Grace said, taking the mask from her daughter's hand and getting it to successfully sit on her face.

"Thanks Mom." Svet said with a smile, the stuttering coming from Diego's room caught both of their attentions.

"Don't move." he stuttered over and over again.

"Just picture the word in your mind, it's what I do." Svetlana admitted, walking into the room with her mother.

"Exactly Diego, just picture the word in your mind." Grace agreed, rubbing his arm in comfort. Diego sighed, but tried again nonetheless, he tried a few times before finally getting it.

"D-Don't move." he finally said, bringing a smile to Svetlana's face.

"You did it! I'm so proud of you!" Grace exclaimed, cupping Diego's cheek before getting interrupted by Reginald clearing his throat by the door.

"Number Eight, let's go." he said before walking away.

"Yes father." Svet replied before walking out of the room, right before she left, she turned around and gave Diego a double thumbs up and a bright smile.