C H A P T E R 4

Griddy's Doughnuts

"It wasn't fair to me."

17 years ago

17 years ago

All eight of them made their way down the stairs when they heard their mother ring the bell, they all stood behind their chairs, waiting for their father to arrive. Svetlana was placed beside Ben and across from Five, Vanya being at one end of the table and their father's seat on the other. Mr. Hargreeves walked into the room with his chin held high, he pulled out his chair and stood in front of it before instructing them to sit.

"Sit." he stated and they all rushed into their seats.

While eating, Svetlana could see Luther and Allison making lovey-dovey eyes at one another, making her want to projectile vomit all over the dinner table. She looked up at Diego to see him carving into the table with a knife. She looked two seats over to see Klaus rolling a blunt, trying to be discreet, she decided to mess with him so she curled up her hand and crushed the blunt. When Klaus had seen his blunt be crushed in his hands he immediately looked over at Svetlana with a look of betrayal, she merely shrugged and went back to eating her vegetables.

Five stabbed his knife into the table, grabbing everyone's attention, Svetlana locked eyes with Diego and raised her eyebrow in question, he shrugged his shoulders and they both turned their attention to Five.

"Number Five?" questioned Mr. Hargreeves

"I have a question." stated Five

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules. No talking during mealtimes. You are interrupting Herr Carlson."

Svetlana rolled her eyes thinking to herself Herr Carlson sucks ass before turning her attention back to the conversation.

"I want to time travel." Five stated after pushing his plate of dinner away.

"No."

"But I'm ready. I've been practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said." Five said, he then decided to demonstrate and spatial jump right beside Mr. Hargreeves. "See."

"A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel. One is like sliding along the ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn."

"Well, I don't get it."

"Hence the reason you're not ready." Mr. Hargreeves said and immediately went back to his meal, not paying Five any mind.

Svetlana looked around, inspecting the other again because she wasn't feeling too hungry that day and saw Vanya violently shaking her head towards Five. She knew that Vanya was definitely crushing on Five and that they were close, so she expected that Vanya knew what he had planned.