34.

Being back at Matt and Kristy's place without my girlfriend by my side was heartbreaking. I missed her every second I was gone, and the three days I had with her simply wasn't enough to satisfy either of us. She said she'd come visit when she got back from East Allegheny, but I doubted that would be the case, since Rosaline was going home as well. I still fucking hated Rosaline's guts. I was this close to driving up to her family home and giving her a piece of my mind, knowing that she needed to be put in her place.

I sighed heavily and set my fork down, running my hands over my face. JJ had told me she could handle everything by herself, but part of me was still scared that she was going to come back to me, crying and in pain because Rosaline was being a bitch. They had gotten along so well until that morning, and I couldn't help but think it was my fault they were like that.

"Hey, chica." Matt came and sat down next to me. "You okay?"

"No." I leaned into his side. "I'm worried about JJ."

"I know you are, bub." he rubbed my back lightly. "And you're allowed to be scared."

"I just really love her, you know? I don't want to lose her again."

"You aren't going to lose her."

"But what if I do? What if Rosaline says something and makes her break up with me so she can salvage her relationship with her?"

"She's not going to do that." Matt gave me a firm look. "You're letting your brain make up scenarios that aren't going to happen, Y/N."

"I know... I'm still scared though." I sighed. "It's taking so much self constraint to not go up there and give her a piece of my mind."

"What's stopping you?"

"I don't want JJ to be mad at me."

"But you want her to be happy, yeah?" Matt looked at me, raising his eyebrows. "I'm not telling you to go, but if you want to make the drive down I'll give you gas money."

That was all it took for me to pop up and go grab everything I needed and text Penelope to send me JJ's address. I was in my car within the hour, pulling out of the driveway as I pulled up mapquest and made my way towards the highway. I knew going there was going to be a bad idea, but I didn't care. JJ deserved to be happy and I was going to make sure she was happy. I pulled into her driveway just before dinner, and I saw her through the window as I got out of my car. Her eyes widened and she rushed outside, meeting me in the front yard of the family farm.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to give Ros a piece of my mind."

"Please..." JJ started tearing up. "Not now."

"No, Jayje, I'm not going to let her get away with making you sad any longer." I tried to push past her, but was stopped by a hand on my chest. "Jennifer..."

"Y/N." a single tear fell from her eye, stopping me in my tracks. "You need to leave."

"Jennifer?" An older woman, I'm presuming her mother, walked outside. "Who's this?"

"It's the child your daughter is screwing."

"Excuse me?" I dropped my bag, stepping to the side so Rosaline could see me. "A child? Who gave you the right to assume shit about me when you never got the chance to know me, huh? Did you think you could just come into our relationship and ruin it by telling the fucking dean about your sister's private life?"

"Rosaline? Jennifer? What on earth is she talking about?"

"Your daughter almost ruined the one thing making Jennifer happy." I commented before either of them could get a word in. "She almost ruined her life by reporting her relationship with me to the school because she hated to see her sister happy."